So UGA is cruising through another season w/ 8 home games

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
None of the teams on their schedule (except Oregon ….WT17?) are currently ranked. [And I’m not sure what to make of rankings that separate Tulane & Bama by 6 spots]. And somehow it always seems like the games that do matter for them (UK & UPIG 2021. UT 2022) are always in Athens. Their annual cross-over game w/ Auburn and cocktail party w/ UF (another game that’s never really a road game) have been prime time pillow fights. And last…..the rivalry game with w/ #61 RPI 4-5 GT (they are actually third in the ACC coastal). Jesus.

5 of their last 6 have been at home w/ the real stinker at Columbia where they managed to score 12 points through three qtrs. and finally getting 2 TDs in the 4th to put away 4-5, 2-4 mizzou (Think UGA was 28 pt fav?). The win over UT was impressive Period. But the road in the SEC is cruel (ask bama, ole miss, UT, UK, state, etc) and finally catches up with UGA too. I’m glad they beat UT and think its fortuitous that we get em before UK. And even though State beat AU, I think blowing the big lead left a bad taste and the team will be toting around the RBF all week…..not the way I wanted to win that one but I don’t think you’ve seen the last of OT games this season. Now, throw in 60K+ cowbells and a # 1 ranking and it’s just not good for UGA.

If UGA only manages <= 26 points (a la. mizzou) in Starkville they get rolled.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
None of the teams on their schedule (except Oregon ….WT17?) are currently ranked. [And I’m not sure what to make of rankings that separate Tulane & Bama by 6 spots]. And somehow it always seems like the games that do matter for them (UK & UPIG 2021. UT 2022) are always in Athens. Their annual cross-over game w/ Auburn and cocktail party w/ UF (another game that’s never really a road game) have been prime time pillow fights. And last…..the rivalry game with w/ #61 RPI 4-5 GT (they are actually third in the ACC coastal). Jesus.

5 of their last 6 have been at home w/ the real stinker at Columbia where they managed to score 12 points through three qtrs. and finally getting 2 TDs in the 4th to put away 4-5, 2-4 mizzou (Think UGA was 28 pt fav?). The win over UT was impressive Period. But the road in the SEC is cruel (ask bama, ole miss, UT, UK, state, etc) and finally catches up with UGA too. I’m glad they beat UT and think its fortuitous that we get em before UK. And even though State beat AU, I think blowing the big lead left a bad taste and the team will be toting around the RBF all week…..not the way I wanted to win that one but I don’t think you’ve seen the last of OT games this season. Now, throw in 60K+ cowbells and a # 1 ranking and it’s just not good for UGA.

They just beat the Number 1 team in the country.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
They just beat the Number 1 team in the country.
Ha, great point.....been listening to UT fans for the better part of two weeks celebrating their "#1 team in the country" win as well. Life on the road got them too....Actually UT's win in death valley may be the most impressive SEC road win this season.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
You'll be challenged to find a team that has defeated more than 2 current top 25 teams at this point in the season. Given that you've played 9 games and less than 20% of the D-1A teams can actually be in the top 25, you would expect to have played at most 2. Probably 3 or 4 if you're in a good conference. However, whenever you beat an opponent, you're more likely to cause them to not be in the top 25. Georgia does not have a particularly hard schedule, but it's not very soft either.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
GA is loaded with athletes, and I do not anticipate a letdown on their part. Our chance will hinge on whether we can have any success against their D. Our punt game was atrocious vs Auburn and almost cost us the game. Do that vs GA, and it ends quickly.

patdog

May 28, 2007
GA is loaded with athletes, and I do not anticipate a letdown on their part. Our chance will hinge on whether we can have any success against their D. Our punt game was atrocious vs Auburn and almost cost us the game. Do that vs GA, and it ends quickly.
Yeah, the letdown comment was a joke. I fully expect Georgia to beat us by 30.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Tennessee's former Heisman candidate QB is probably pretty sore today. Georgia's defensive pressure scares me. Hopefully Rogers can stay healthy.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014

TLDR

YOU PLAY THE SCHEDULE YOU GET

that is all

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
I expect a lot of sacks or throw aways. Hopefully they won't break Will in half. Sawyer might get to finish the season
Brady Cook (Mizzou) & Cody Schlee (Kent State) both survived their UGA encounter and went on to have respectable games the following week.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Oddly one of our best performances with this offense in year 1 was against Georgia. Go figure.

Reactions: drumrcraig

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Man this board would be fun if we could pull the upset. Anyone know what the line is?

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
early line was -14.5 uga......now -16.5 per espn.

keep in mind they picked UGA as 28 pt fav over mizzou and 45 pt fav over Kent....go figure.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

They're going to kill us.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
If we play our A&M or Arky team they win by 14
If we play our KY, LSU or Bama or Auburn team they win by 24+

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
It feels like a game where we cover that 16. They are coming off a huge win. We are coming off a sloppy performance. We are at home and this is basically our chance to do something of note for the year. It’s the kind of game that could be much closer than it should be.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
This team has a proven track record of showing us who they are. Any defense with a pulse gets massive pressure on our QB, and that is a recipe for a long night. They have the team speed in the secondary to make Will's only option throwing to the RB on the wing, and again, the team speed at LB to limit yards gained on those plays. Could be a 41-17 type game, with us getting garbage points late in the 4th

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login