So We Tipped Off Tonight 43rd NET, What will Tomorrow Bring? Do Close Losses to Quad 1's Come into Consideration?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
IMO, we should be one of the other 48 even if we beat SC and lose @ VU as long as we win one or two in our tourney. We're a legit top 48 and pass the "How they been playin' lately" Smell Test X 100 along with being a damned scary SEC Tourney Team Right Now. You Never Know and thank you Cohen on this one. If we were to win the last two and go deep into our tourney, I see us as a legit Sweet 16 Contender.

Last edited:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We’re in if the season ended today. Just don’t need to lose it in the next two weeks. Cannot afford a loss to SC on Tuesday, and then I’m undecided right now on how important the Vandy game is. My belief is 9-9 gets us in fairly safely, 8-10 and we are right on the cut line going to the SEC Tourney, needing one, maybe two wins there.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
They are 9-8 vs Quads 1 and 2 and have no losses to quads 3 and 4.

We are 8-9 with just 1 loss in 3 and 4 and we are 9 spots ahead in NET. Just seems really comparable.

Also UNC is clearly in this discussion based on name. Their team sheet is gross

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We are 8-9 with just 1 loss in 3 and 4 and we are 9 spots ahead in NET. Just seems really comparable.

Also UNC is clearly in this discussion based on name. Their team sheet is gross
I agree with you completely. That’s how they look at teams rightly or wrongly.

Reactions: 8dog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
What’s funny is looking back over the years at what criteria were used to select the tournament teams and how that changes over time.

Reactions: patdog

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
We are only 3 spots behind Auburn in NET. They should lose out in regular season and are playing terrible basketball. Would love to see them in SEC tourney and eliminate them from the NCAAs.

Don’t want any part of Ole Miss or USC in tourney. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a row plus both are playing better as of late.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
USCe is 2-7 in their last 9.
We are only 3 spots behind Auburn in NET. They should lose out in regular season and are playing terrible basketball. Would love to see them in SEC tourney and eliminate them from the NCAAs.

Don’t want any part of Ole Miss or USC in tourney. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a row plus both are playing better as of late.

Reactions: HailStateTate

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Those games when they got robbed by poor officiating coming back around to show its ugly face.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
State vs. Auburn in a 10-7 matchup in Nashville is a possibility.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The problem is, if we happen to slip up, we are NIT bound. Ole Miss gave us futs in both games.
I'm a lot more concerned with how we play than who we play. If we play well, we can beat most teams in the league. There's not much playing your way in or out of the tournament in the conference tournament anyway.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We could finish as high as seventh in the SEC standings if we win our final two, Florida loses one, Arkansas loses one and Vandy loses its final two. We would clinch at least 10th on Tuesday with a win and a Georgia loss to Florida. It’s critical we avoid the Wednesday SEC tourney game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
IMO, we should be one of the other 48 even if we beat SC and lose @ VU as long as we win one or two in our tourney. We're a legit top 48 and pass the "How they been playin' lately" Smell Test X 100 along with being a damned scary SEC Tourney Team Right Now. You Never Know and thank you Cohen on this one. If we were to win the last two and go deep into our tourney, I see us as a legit Sweet 16 Contender.
Careful...

sheep-smiley.gif

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Btw, we need Wisconsin and Penn State to lose today. Whisky plays at Michigan and Penn State hosts Rutgers. Wisconsin was in Lunardi’s last four in coming into this weekend while Penn State was the first team out.

ETA: Wisconsin and Penn State both lost today in heartbreaking fashion. Michigan hit a buzzer beating 3 to force overtime before winning, and Penn State blew a 19-point second half lead to lose by three.

Last edited:
Reactions: 57stratdawg

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
State vs. Auburn in a 10-7 matchup in Nashville is a possibility.
I don’t like this match up at all
Their guards are much better and can shoot the 3 ball much better - when they get Hot.
We’ve never gotten hot shooting this year.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t like this match up at all
Their guards are much better and can shoot the 3 ball much better - when they get Hot.
We’ve never gotten hot shooting this year.
Oh I disagree, I totally believe we are better than Auburn right now. We played them at our low point of the season (and frankly their high point), shot 0-18 from three when they made 11 of them, and only lost by 6 on their home court. In the Hump or on a neutral court I believe we are better than Auburn. Would much rather play them in Nashville than someone like Arkansas or Kentucky, or even A&M again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login