So, went to Chiefs v Broncos game tonight at Arrowhead….

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
first time there.
While an iconic stadium, it’s a dump.
They have literally constructed field level
“boxes” that are nothing more than a enclosed private area underneath the 2nd level overhang.
They even have in at least one, not sure about all but in at least one they still have Templeton troughs.
Very cramped concourse on first level, lots of food/beverage options tho I will give them that.
Starting Defense player announcements included “from Mississippi State Willie Gay”and the last one introduced “from Mississippi State Chris Jones”
Several smoke shows in Chiefs jerseys, tight blue jean shorts and boots with an under 10 yr old tagging along.
Tailgating scene is a bunch of cars and trucks jammed into a huge a$$ parking lot that encircles the entire stadium with Kaufman stadium right next door.
But they do love tailgating on concrete and and do it quite well it appeared.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I've been to Kaufman about 8 years ago, was at a conference in KC and a handful of us decided on a whim to go catch a Royals game. Didn't get to go in Arrowhead at all but I remember standing in their shared parking lot and thinking it's not nearly as big as I always thought it would be.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I went to the Titans Chiefs AFC champ game a few years back and I thought it was awesome.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
first time there.
“boxes” that are nothing more than a enclosed private area underneath the 2nd level overhang.
They even have in at least one, not sure about all but in at least one they still have Templeton troughs.
Very cramped concourse on first level, lots of food/beverage options tho I will give them that.
Starting Defense player announcements included “from Mississippi State Willie Gay”and the last one introduced “from Mississippi State Chris Jones”
Several smoke shows in Chiefs jerseys, tight blue jean shorts and boots with an under 10 yr old tagging along.
Tailgating scene is a bunch of cars and trucks jammed into a huge a$$ parking lot that encircles the entire stadium with Kaufman stadium right next door.
They’ll never win anything with an outdated stadium.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
first time there.
So it's a lot like the Sanderson Center?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
They have literally constructed field level “boxes” that are nothing more than a enclosed private area underneath the 2nd level overhang.
Sounds like our Gridiron Club (not Endzone), except its actually field level. I've been a guest several times in there and thats got to be the worst area in the stadium for actually watching a game.

Last edited:

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I'm sure it's showing its age, but KC was ahead of its time by having separate stadiums for football and baseball

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
My old *** still finds Sanderson pretty impressive. Mostly because we didn't have anything like that back in the day

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I haven’t been to a ton of NFL stadiums but I’ve been to half a dozen or so. The overwhelming majority of them have left me feeling very meh. Only one I was really impressed by was Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. That place is awesome.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Sounds like our Endzone Club, except its actually field level. I've been a guest several times in there and thats got to be the worst area in the stadium for actually watching a game.
Gridiron, Scoreboard or State level? Concur, not a good spot for watching a game, but any stadium, as a whole, is the worst place to watch a game. Especially since our scoreboard operator is on a personal mission to show as few replays as possible.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Gridiron, Scoreboard or State level? Concur, not a good spot for watching a game, but any stadium, as a whole, is the worst place to watch a game. Especially since our scoreboard operator is on a personal mission to show as few replays as possible.
The gridiron is not designed to watch games from. The scoreboard club blows...the whole thing was poorly conceived.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Sorry, Gridiron was what I was referring to

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Arrowhead's post game traffic management makes MSU's look like a Sunday drive in the country.
Arrowhead is perched on a hill and has like 3 side roads out for 16 or so parking lots. All the lots just feed into one another and its an immediate cluster17 of a standstill. Whats really nuts is its a damn circle and I swear we have seen the same vehicle pass by multiple times trying to get out another way.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Sanderson Center opened when I was in college. I thought it was amazing. That was also 1998.
We naively voted to increase our student fees when i was in college to support the building of the Sanderson Center. Being subjected to the Tin Gym made it an easy vote, however, I don't know that we had really calculated how long it might take to get the money, get plans, and build. I don't believe that anyone who voted for the increase every actually got to use it as a student.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
McCarthy and the Tin Gym were ahead of their times at some point, I’m sure***

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
I haven’t been to a ton of NFL stadiums but I’ve been to half a dozen or so. The overwhelming majority of them have left me feeling very meh. Only one I was really impressed by was Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. That place is awesome.
Agreed about Lucas Oil. Lived in Indy for 5 years and had company box there. It was always top notch. Perfect size and atmosphere. Jerry World is cool to see. Club level there is nice, but the shock and awe wears off. Been to over half of the nfl stadiums. Only other one I thought was cool was Lambeau. That was mainly for the nostalgia and good brats at the concession stand.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Since this thread is all over the damn place already, I'll share this trivial tidbit I learned today:

Gymnasium is from late 16th century: via Latin from Greek gumnasion, from gumnazein ‘exercise naked’, from gumnos ‘naked’.

• Haha
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
first time there.
It doesn't look that great on television either when you compare some of the new stadiums the NFL has.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The gridiron is not designed to watch games from. The scoreboard club blows...the whole thing was poorly conceived.
Just judging by the very limited availably when ticket selection rolls around, I'd think the Scoreboard Club is a big success. It's not for hard core fans who fret over formations or are worried that the D is in Cover Zero vs a Tampa 2. It more about socializing, drinking and eating, with a place to watch other games and get out of the weather. We haven't sat in our seats in years, we are either inside or at the drink rail. Similar to the left field lounge, which is a terrible place to watch a baseball game.

As far as I can tell, all Club Seating at State sells very well.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
My old *** still finds Sanderson pretty impressive. Mostly because we didn't have anything like that back in the day
I graduated in 96 so Sanderson wasn't even completed yet. I have never stepped foot in the thing. But back in those days, we enjoyed what we had and didn't have to have shiny distractions to get us through the day like kids these days.

We played pickup in the tin gym, intramurals in McCarthy, played video games in the Union and had a blast.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I graduated in 96 so Sanderson wasn't even completed yet. I have never stepped foot in the thing. But back in those days, we enjoyed what we had and didn't have to have shiny distractions to get us through the day like kids these days.

We played pickup in the tin gym, intramurals in McCarthy, played video games in the Union and had a blast.
Hacky sack on the drill field and frisbee at North Farm!

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
What’s wrong with the scoreboard club? I’ve never been up there. I’ve always wondered why it never seems to be full.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
What’s wrong with the scoreboard club? I’ve never been up there. I’ve always wondered why it never seems to be full.
I'm sure a lot of folks like it. But it sucks watching the game from the end zone. And they have the same food every week. And it gets really crowded inside. And if it's a day game, you absolutely bake up there. And you can't get in or out of the stadium quickly because of the elevator ride. But other than that, I guess they're nice. The seats are comfortable if they're not as hot as the surface of the sun.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Have no fear Bronco fans…they’ll be building a $1.5 Billion stadium on the backs of tax payers soon I’m sure….

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It's a great spot for socializing, not good if you are concerned about what formations the O and D are lined up in. Many folks don't sit in their seats, preferring to stand at the drink rails, hang out inside or sit in one of the cabanas. Easy entry and egress, it is serviced by two elevators and stairs. We park on the east side of campus, so it is easy for us. You also get your own locker. Scoreboard Club tickets sell out quickly every year. My seat selection is 3400 and there weren't but a couple of open seats when my time rolled around. We moved to Section 5 this year, but it didn't take but a couple of minutes to realize sitting on bleacher seats in a mass of humanity with no easy access to TVs/food/restrooms/inside wasn't for us.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
The endzone upper deck is where the visitors and faculty/visitors should be. Students should be at all endzone lower areas.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The endzone upper deck is where the visitors and faculty/visitors should be. Students should be at all endzone lower areas.
The upper endzone decks are the State Level Club and Scoreboard Club. The student section is directly on top of the Gridiron Club (which is field level). Our student section is in a great spot and our students show up and carry the atmosphere. They didn't show up well for WM, but no one else did either, we've had a lot of games at home, and a little fatigue sets in. The visitor section is on the lower east side near the Leo Seal Club, although visiting fans are just as likely to buy off the secondary market than from their school.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login