So what did Brandon do to

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
BFW doesn't drink. He was sponsored by High Noon. What could go wrong?

It's funny watching him take the Proper 12 shot on the College Football Show.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Nothing like a good snitch. People need to get a life these days. Way more in the world to worry about

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Jesus, Barstool is the most toxic work environment I’ve ever seen. These dudes will stab each other in the face just to stay on Portnoy’s good side. I’m glad BFW is getting the heck out of there (NYC) and moving to Chicago.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I love Brandon but he 17’d that up. You can’t bash the presenting sponsor of the show and probably the biggest sponsor of Barstool. I think I saw High Noon isn’t sponsoring his show, Unnecessary Roughness until Kayce comes back. Lol

FWIW, I think High Noons are delicious and I love the tequila ones. Not as good as the vodka, but still good

Reactions: olblue

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I love Brandon but he 17’d that up. You can’t bash the presenting sponsor of the show and probably the biggest sponsor of Barstool. I think I saw High Noon isn’t sponsoring his show, Unnecessary Roughness until Kayce comes back. Lol

FWIW, I think High Noons are delicious and I love the tequila ones. Not as good as the vodka, but still good
It was a hot mic. He didn’t know he was live when he said it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
He still needed to internalize that. There is no longer a difference between a hot and cold mic. With today's polarized environments, there's always someone around the corner ready to stomp you.
I agree but the post implied he did it live.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Barstool needs to accept and embrace their soap opera vibe.

Like sands through the hourglass...

Reactions: The Maroon Pug

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I think It's mostly an act. Portnoy adopted the reality show "staged conflict" model for content. Same model the WWE follows.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Brandon will be just fine, but yes sometimes he stabs himself in the foot. To me, this is a non issue that was just played up by Barstool to create some drama, which is what they are going for. They really pissed off some of their hardcore fans recently by firing Ben Mintz for busting out a hard N while reading rap lyrics. Dave is no longer in control and he has made that clear.

High Noon is delish, but I've yet to try the Tequila ones.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It wasn’t like BFW was wrong…
He wasn't wrong at all. Why would a company like that even advertise on a sports show like his, its not like there's thousands and thousands of sports listeners just waiting to go buy that fruity stuff. I guess there's lots of potential drinkers of it assuming you think a bunch of men will buy it? It needs to be advertised on Oprah, The Hallmark Channel, and most definitely on Lifetime while they are running Christmas tear jerkers along with all those seltzers like High Noon, Truly and White Claw. Sorry, I sounded like Mutt just then

Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
He wasn't wrong at all. Why would a company like that even advertise on a sports show like his, its not like there's thousands and thousands of sports listeners just waiting to go buy that fruity stuff. I guess there's lots of potential drinkers of it assuming you think a bunch of men will buy it? It needs to be advertised on Oprah, The Hallmark Channel, and most definitely on Lifetime while they are running Christmas tear jerkers along with all those seltzers like High Noon, Truly and White Claw. Sorry, I sounded like Mutt just then
If you only knew how successful High Noon's product has been while advertising with Barstool. Do you think they would still be Barstool's #1 advertiser if it wasn't having the effect they wanted?

I don't care if you like it or not, but the older I get the more I don't feel like slamming beers all day. I can tell you that people do drink it and it's very popular among college-mid 30's. It's just expensive.

ETA: It's also a great mixer if you want to splash a little more vodka in there to get the desired effect quickly. No need to drink 6 of them anymore....

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If you only knew how successful High Noon's product has been while advertising with Barstool. Do you think they would still be Barstool's #1 advertiser if it wasn't having the effect they wanted?

I don't care if you like it or not, but the older I get the more I don't feel like slamming beers all day. I can tell you that people do drink it and it's very popular among college-mid 30's. It's just expensive.

ETA: It's also a great mixer if you want to splash a little more vodka in there to get the desired effect quickly. No need to drink 6 of them anymore....
Maybe so, but I've NEVER ONCE seen a guy walking around a ballgame or sitting at a bar with one in their hand, or walking around the grocery store w/ a 6 pack of it in their buggy or hands. I figured High Noon was like Bud Light gambling and trying to pick up some of the Tranny business. I have a refrigerator full of it at home, because I have 2 daughters and a wife and their friends that drink it though. It tastes like unsweetened Kool Aid with a couple Alka Seltzer tablets dropped in it to me, each to their own.......

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I mean it’s literally vodka soda. If you like vodka soda you’ll like High Noon, if you don’t you won’t.

The main goal in the distillation and production of vodka from a taste standpoint is to make it as tasteless as possible. That says a whole lot.

Last edited:

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Maybe so, but I've NEVER ONCE seen a guy walking around a ballgame or sitting at a bar with one in their hand, or walking around the grocery store w/ a 6 pack of it in their buggy or hands. I figured High Noon was like Bud Light gambling and trying to pick up some of the Tranny business. I have a refrigerator full of it at home, because I have 2 daughters and a wife and their friends that drink it though. It tastes like unsweetened Kool Aid with a couple Alka Seltzer tablets dropped in it to me, each to their own.......
never seen a dude drinking a nooner? Not once?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
When is the last time you went to a ball game not MSU or sec related? And of those MSU games, did you go anywhere around the student section?

I’m not a fan of any of the seltzers but they are pretty popular anywhere there is a younger crowd, men or women.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
When is the last time you went to a ball game not MSU or sec related? And of those MSU games, did you go anywhere around the student section?

I’m not a fan of any of the seltzers but they are pretty popular anywhere there is a younger crowd, men or women.
So SEC men don't drink it but other schools do? Odd demograhpics. And no, I totally avoid the student section anywhere I go. That same "younger crowd" is the same ones that were eating Tide Pods, and watch PewDiePie and Jackass reruns, I wouldn't put much faith in doing what they do as sane

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
never seen a dude drinking a nooner? Not once?
Never. I saw it the first time on a Portnoy pizza review a few weeks ago. I had to look it up to see what it was. I originally thought it was like a Cutwater which I do see quite often because liquor licenses are limited here, but Cutwater is mostly just mixed drinks in a can... I had a Mai Tai last year from Cutwater and it was like 14% alcohol and you can feel it after just one. High Noon is just a vodka/tequila based seltzer I guess?

I rarely see anyone drinking any hard seltzer honestly, but we live in craft beer riddled pocket of the world. Outside of the few Portnoy pizza reviews that have found me on YouTube lately, I also never see any barstool content either. So it would appear that the High Noon marketing team is doing an excellent job by avoiding me and finding their target audience.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
FYI
"High Noon’s sales doubled over the last year to over a whopping 16 million cases, surpassing Tito’s Vodka as the No. 1 best-selling spirit in the U.S. "

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Except its not a seltzer. Its liquor. Can’t even buy it in grocery stores in Alabama….not sure about elsewhere. And that’s weird, because believe it or not, the seltzers (White Claw, Truly, etc) have about 25% more alcohol in them than HN.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The main goal in the distillation and production of vodka from a taste standpoint is to make it as tasteless as possible. That says a whole lot.

No doubt. It’s a mixer liquor for sure. I still like Vodka soda from time to time, sometimes as an opener on a night out….but more often as a default when in the “I haven’t decided what I want yet, but the server is here taking orders and she might not be back for 20 minutes” situation. It’s always a good starter just as something that won’t fill you up or alter your pallet too much if you’re eating appetizers or what not. Also obviously a good choice if you’re trying to catch a buzz while trying to drop a few pounds. And yes, I’ll also dabble on the High Noon from time to time….but its too damn expensive even if you like the taste.

And as far as vodka goes, I can’t normally tell the difference between quality vodka or bad vodka until the day after.

Reactions: She Mate Me

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
So SEC men don't drink it but other schools do? Odd demograhpics. And no, I totally avoid the student section anywhere I go. That same "younger crowd" is the same ones that were eating Tide Pods, and watch PewDiePie and Jackass reruns, I wouldn't put much faith in doing what they do as sane
No, I’m sure men that attend SEC games drink it. What I was trying to say without being an ahole is… I bet the crowd at ball games you tend to hang out with are much older than what buys high noon. Just because your age group does not buy something does not mean sports fans of another age group won’t buy it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Vodka certainly has its place and I absolutely drink some, but I would never buy a premium vodka. I've even been known to pour Taaka in a Belvedere bottle somebody left at my house so I didn't have to listen to any bitching from guests about me not having a decent vodka for them. Shockingly nobody picked it out as cheap.

Taaka vodka is disparaged by some premium vodka buyers, but the brand is owned by Sazerac and distilled at the Buffalo Trace distillery. Pretty sure they're not making much swill on purpose there.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
You will see a lot of dudes drinking it if you're outside, it's hot, and folks are drinking. Pretty common. Tastes like shite though. Not for me. Better than White Claw and similar though. I'll give it that but it's a low bar.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
FYI
"High Noon’s sales doubled over the last year to over a whopping 16 million cases, surpassing Tito’s Vodka as the No. 1 best-selling spirit in the U.S. "
Stick to whiskey NT.***

I about shìt myself when I first read that blurb since I had never seen it and had to dig in a little.

Number one spirit in volume... A spirit case is 9 liters which is kinda apples and oranges when you compare 4.5% seltzer to 40% vodka. A case of seltzers (+/- 26-355ml High Noons) is about $70 retail and a case of Tito's (9-1000ML bottles) would be around $250 retail.

So in terms of revenue, at 11.6 million cases Tito's hit about $2.9 billion in retail sales last year. At 16.4 million cases, High Noon would be right around $1.2 billion retail.

That said, 2022 YOY growth of 85% for High Noon is wild at those volumes. Hard Seltzer is classified as a malt beverage and falls into the beer category and High Noon is a pre mixed spirit and falls under spirits. Hard Seltzer volume was down 17% in 2022 and spirits actually eclipsed beer sales in the US for the first time in history in 2022. So it certainly seems like High Noon is taking most of its market share from the seltzer brands which makes a lot of sense.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
2008 SPS wouldnt have a thread about a seltzer spirit that goes on for 35+ posts.
Not saying it was better 15 years ago, just different.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Stick to whiskey NT.***

I about shìt myself when I first read that blurb since I had never seen it and had to dig in a little.

Number one spirit in volume... A spirit case is 9 liters which is kinda apples and oranges when you compare 4.5% seltzer to 40% vodka. A case of seltzers (+/- 26-355ml High Noons) is about $70 retail and a case of Tito's (9-1000ML bottles) would be around $250 retail.

So in terms of revenue, at 11.6 million cases Tito's hit about $2.9 billion in retail sales last year. At 16.4 million cases, High Noon would be right around $1.2 billion retail.

That said, 2022 YOY growth of 85% for High Noon is wild at those volumes. Hard Seltzer is classified as a malt beverage and falls into the beer category and High Noon is a pre mixed spirit and falls under spirits. Hard Seltzer volume was down 17% in 2022 and spirits actually eclipsed beer sales in the US for the first time in history in 2022. So it certainly seems like High Noon is taking most of its market share from the seltzer brands which makes a lot of sense.
I'll have a seltzer sometimes when it is hot. I generally get Ranch Water, they are not sweet like the others. But you know me I am 97% whiskey.

I just copied and pasted it from here.

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/high-noon-spirits-category-2022/

I trust you and that's a lot more math than I care to do. The only point I was making is that High Noon, like them or hate them, they are a big deal. How big? I don't know but pretty damn big.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
..High Noon, like them or hate them, they are a big deal. How big? I don't know but pretty damn big.
Oh for sure based on that growth. I just confused myself by not understanding the metrics. It's a technicality for them to even compare vodka based seltzer to vodka in those articles. High Noon is really competing with White Claw and Truly while Tito's is competing with Smirnoff and Absolut.

I'll have to look at the grocery store to see if High Noon is even there or if they stash it in the liquor store somewhere. All I ever notice is Truly and White Claw when I walk past the seltzer area. I do see Ranchwater though. For whatever reason it's with the Karbach beer instead of the seltzers and it's usually right next to the Karbach kolsch I buy.

White Claw apparently sells about 95 million cases a year and Truly is around 45 million so they still have most of the shelf space I guess. I know SAM (Truly parent) stock took a bath on declining sales over the last 18 months so I bet High Noon is stealing their customers and at 16+ million cases, High Noon would clearly already be in 3rd place and gaining in that category, if they were actually in it instead of being classified as a spirit.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login