so, who blew the whistle?

Jun 4, 2007
i think it's pretty safe to say it's a former player and one that left the team last year.

i guessing it was a pitcher. perhaps one that transferred after a medical redshirt year.

Jun 4, 2007
i think it's pretty safe to say it's a former player and one that left the team last year.

i guessing it was a pitcher. perhaps one that transferred after a medical redshirt year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The letter accuses us of illegal practices in both the fall of 2006 and the fall of 2007. I think Lea transferred before fall practice 2007, so that would seem to rule him out. Did anyone transfer out after 2007 fall practice? If so, he'd be a prime suspect. Other suspects would be players who were cut after fall practice in either 2006 or 2007 and were on campus both years.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
on the inside of the athletic dept. or very well connected who sees it as the only way to get rid of his ***, or at least humiliate him to the point that he finally quits his quixote ********.

You have GOT to believe that LT and others within our athletic department were incredibly embarrassed by cholk's manifesto.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
for the first time ever before the fall of 07. I think this is why players like Logan Moro magically disappeared.

While this makes sense, Polk is cutting players for the first time while other coaches not being turned in have been cutting forever.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Polk may not have cut players in the past, but I know for a fact that he has cut scholarships before. A guy I knew from home was on the squad for 2 years in the 80s, but then transferred out when his scholarship was cut.

futaba.79

Jun 4, 2007
since he's generally thought of well by dept staffers.

I would bet that it's a disgruntled parent. I also predict that nothing will come up of it.

futaba.79

Jun 4, 2007
..about Bunky. He had every chance to prove he sucked and did so with gusto. Don't know that he had an axe to grind.

I know of a player that was extremely upset that he sucked. One that came in with lots of unfounded hype, he's the one that jumped into my mind. Won't say his name though.

The Big Slick

Aug 29, 2006
I mean, who else has access to insider information like that?

I bet he wrote about in the "Premium" Skuttle-Butt...common people like us were left out of the loop...

The Lord Humongous

Mar 1, 2008
...and didn't get?...and who then transferred to a school coached by the former UM recruiting coordinator and top assistant who assuredly has a soft spot in his heart for UM?

Yeah, I know...does sound ridiculous in a normal world environment...but then the UM/MSU rivalry doesn't exist in the normal world.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I still say it's most likely Lea. From what I understand, he was upset that his spot in the rotation wouldn't be given back to him after his injury and that he was going to have to earn it back. I agree with Polk on this one because if you start giving people things like that, you can end up with problems a la the football team circa 2001-2003.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
What's funny is we ***** at Polk for not getting off his *** and coaching, and come to find out, he's practicing for 12 hrs a day in the fall.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I certainly think he's a candidate along with Bunky.

No one has mentioned Jared Holloway yet, so I will. He was highly recruited, drafted and came to State anyway. Then he had control problems, was RS and left. So, he's a good candidate.

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
I was told on sunday that this was something we self-reported when it occurred... but it was nothing of this nature.
I think its just the NCAA looking to smear Polkie a little.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
We self-reported that we practiced too long and the NCAA turned it into 36 innings just to smear Polk?

I don't buy that either.

msubball2525

Feb 25, 2008
I agree with you Todd. BTW, Polk doesn't practice too long. He is very maticulous about that. As ya'll probably know, he is about as straight of an arrow as you can get.

Roy Munson.sixpack

Sep 7, 2005
ha ha...

I imagine nothing will come of it. Just the ncaa messin with polk. Hell, they could care less about baseball and have made such known and then they conveniently accuse us of something...what a load of ****

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login