So who makes up the Rams fanbase?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Los Angeles die-hards from 27 years ago? St. Louis people? It’s all so confusing.

This is why being a fan of a pro team is an overall weird deal.

I mean do San Diego people root for the Chargers still? how do Houston people truly know who to root for? Life is full of mysteries

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Los Angeles die-hards from 27 years ago? St. Louis people? It’s all so confusing.

I mean do San Diego people root for the Chargers still? how do Houston people truly know who to root for? Life is full of mysteries

The LA Rams are probably the most talented team in the NFL. With Dallas and the Saints out, I’m rooting for them.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You’re making this much more complicated than it needs to be.

Houston has the Houston Texans. Who else would they root for?

As for the LA Rams there’s still hold outs from years ago, new fans, and there’s still coverage of them in St Louis. Although the local support for them has not been there yet

San Diego still pulls for the Chargers to a large degree.

People will pick them up if a team moves in. Like for example the Titans and Grizzlies. I doubt there were many people in Tennessee rooting for the Houston Oilers and Vancouver Grizzlies before they moved.

Last edited:

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I’ve always thought that if a owner wanted to move the team, that’s his/her prerogative, BUT, I think the city should retain the rights to the name.
So Indy shouldn’t be the Colts, Las Vegas shouldn’t be the Raiders, Arizona shouldn’t be the Cardinals, etc not should they retain the rights to the team colors.
Move the team - you have to have a new nickname and have new team colors.
So with that rant over, I’m pulling for either Packers or Rams, maybe 49ers in the NFC and the Bills or KC in the AFC to be in the SBowl.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I’ve always thought that if a owner wanted to move the team, that’s his/her prerogative, BUT, I think the city should retain the rights to the name.
So Indy shouldn’t be the Colts, Las Vegas shouldn’t be the Raiders, Arizona shouldn’t be the Cardinals, etc not should they retain the rights to the team colors.
So with that rant over, I’m pulling for either Packers or Rams, maybe 49ers in the NFC and the Bills or KC in the AFC to be in the SBowl.
Agree! There should be something in place to keep some semblance of tribalism.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
It depends if the Rams are winning. L.A. fans are fickle and casual with football other than leftover Raiders fans.

As long as they win, L.A. will support them.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You’re making this much more complicated than it needs to be.

Houston has the Houston Texans. Who else would they root for?

As for the LA Rams there’s still hold outs from years ago, new fans, and there’s still coverage of them in St Louis. Although the local support for them has not been there yet

San Diego still pulls for the Chargers to a large degree.

People will pick them up if a team moves in. Like for example the Titans and Grizzlies. I doubt there were many people in Tennessee rooting for the Houston Oilers and Vancouver Grizzlies before they moved.

In 10 years or when ever the contract is up, the Chargers will be back in San Diego.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Houston did not fight to keep the Oilers mascot however Cleveland Browns which moved to Baltimore the same year did. Thus the Cleveland Browns is a expansion team but the Ravens are the original Browns.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Houston did not fight to keep the Oilers mascot however Cleveland Browns which moved to Baltimore the same year did. Thus the Cleveland Browns is a expansion team but the Ravens are the original Browns.
But the problem is that the Ravens should be the Colts. At least the Texans are a new name. Glad the Titans picked a new name, much easier to get behind.

I know some will be triggered but the damn Memphis Grizzlies is the dumbest name ever. I mean how silly is that. I can halfway get behind it though (because it’s Memphis’ first team) but would have been better as Blues or whatever.

patdog

May 28, 2007
What about the Utah Jazz? There's no jazz in Utah. That's New Orleans. Same with the LA Lakers. There's no lakes in Los Angelas, that's Minneapolis.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Not even if San Diego builds a football stadium.

Los Angeles has marquee value.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Nicknames are nicknames. Are there Bears in Chicago or Lions in Detroit or Beangals in Cincinnati.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Nicknames are nicknames. Are there Bears in Chicago or Lions in Detroit or Bengals in Cincinnati.

My 9 yr. old grandson was watching the Bengals playoff game this past weekend, and he thought the announcers were saying Cincinnati Bagels.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. If the city keeps the name, the Rams should be the Cleveland franchise. They had the Rams before they had the Browns. Still think the Utah Jazz is ridiculous though.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's obvious that LA Rams are strategic for the NFL. That $6B stadium wasn't built out of hope and speculation. 18.7M in greater Los Angeles area alone. That's more than twice the population of Louisiana and Mississippi for the Saints.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Matthew has shown he was really being wasted before now and has become one of the last remaining pieces of the puzzle along with OBJ. They really look good and talented. I wouldn't be pissed if they won it all.

patdog

May 28, 2007
In general, yes. But in these cases, the New Orleans Jazz was specifically named for the jazz music culture in New Orleans and the Minneapolis Lakers were specifically named for the lakes in Minnesota (land of 1,000 lakes).

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Not even if San Diego builds a football stadium.

Los Angeles has marquee value.

Theres a reason why the Ram's left in the first place. Now there are two teams. One will leave. Mark these words. It may not be San Diego but the Chargers will leave LA area.

Last edited:

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Rams were sold before they moved. They didn't just take off. And the Cards were in St. Louis before the Rams.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

It's mostly rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers... and Methodists.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login