So who will be our competition in a coaching search?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Also potentially Michigan and Michigan State. I don't think Jimmy Hardpaw will be fired, but wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to the NFL.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I would say just Arkansas and Michigan State. I doubt Flotida or SC will fire their coaches this year. Texas 8&4 might. I don't think the buy out drops that much but they might give it another year to see if the new OC situation improves. Biggest competition will be the school our next head coach currently works for. How much is that buyout ?? For the right coach they can pay 7 or 8 mill a year but can they afford to pay a 20 mill buy out to get him released ? That's the problem. How much does Kansas want ??

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
When you’re Mississippi State, your competition is…

college gameday wave GIF by Mississippi State Athletics

Yourself.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not sure of what competition really is but Athlon's Week 8 Coaching Hotseat say top 5 likely ones losing jobs are:

Tom Allen Indiana
Sam Pittman AR
Jimbo Fischer A&M
Dino Babers Syracuse
Brady Hoke San Diego St

I include these because if we go the typical Co-Ordinator route there are a lot of possiblities for competition and a lot of out of work staffs. Dana Dimel UTEP, Ryab Silverfield Memphis, Dave Aranda Baylor, Andy Avalos Boise St, , Shawn Clark App St, Dana Holgerson Houston, Butch Jones AR St. Our very own coach here was included as well in that 2nd tier.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Coaches Hot Seat doesn't even have T-bro on the edge of the pan yet. Take the info however you will.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login