Soccer Dogs down 1-0 late

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Game is on ESPN+. Defensive battle, but Brown broke through. 23 mins left.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
State wins 2-1 over the 3 seed Brown to advance to the Sweet 16.

#2 seed Stanford plays #7 South Carolina tonight - we get the winner on Sunday.

The #1 seed in our bracket, UCLA, was upset in the first round. So was the #4 seed. The 5-seed Nebraska is playing Tennessee. If Tennessee wins tonight and we win our next one, we will host the Elite Eight match to get to the College Cup.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We actually had some fans there, with bells!
State wins 2-1 over the 3 seed Brown to advance to the Sweet 16.

#2 seed Stanford plays #7 South Carolina tonight - we get the winner on Sunday.

The #1 seed in our bracket, UCLA, was upset in the first round. So was the #4 seed. The 5-seed Nebraska is playing Tennessee. If Tennessee wins tonight and we win our next one, we will host the Elite Eight match to get to the College Cup.
If we do that I'm going if at all possible.

Reactions: WilCoDawg and Dawgg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It really can’t be overstated what an amazing job James Armstrong has done with the soccer program. We are historically probably the worst SEC soccer program. In just a few years, he has us in the top third of the league and top 16 in the country. Incredible.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
As we discuss what we're willing to spend on a new football coach and staff, I hope Selmon makes sure he takes care of Armstrong.

I believe he is the best coach on campus right now with Jans and Purcell right behind. How he's turned the soccer program around is amazing. Our latest recruiting class looks solid as well.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I don't know anything about women's soccer but I'm going to try to sound knowledgeable based totally on seeding:

Stanford would be tough, but if South Carolina takes them out, we have a clear shot to the Final Four

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I don't know anything about women's soccer but I'm going to try to sound knowledgeable based totally on seeding:

Stanford would be tough, but if South Carolina takes them out, we have a clear shot to the Final Four
South Carolina has been a thorn in our side. They are ranked higher than us (16 vs. 18) in the poll even though we have a higher seed.

not to say we would not rather play them than a blueblood Stanford on their home pitch, but next round is going to be tough either way.

the 16 seed, UC Irvine won again to reach the Sweet 16. They get the Nebraska-Tennessee winner opposite our game.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
South Carolina has been a thorn in our side. They are ranked higher than us (16 vs. 18) in the poll even though we have a higher seed.

not to say we would not rather play them than a blueblood Stanford on their home pitch, but next round is going to be tough either way.

the 16 seed, UC Irvine won again to reach the Sweet 16. They get the Nebraska-Tennessee winner opposite our game.
South Carolina in the post season feels scary to me in women's sports

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Us winning national title would be nothing compared to Leicester winning Premier League. But they won it.
Exactly. The Miracle on Ice against the Soviets was something like 1000 to 1. Leicester's odds to win the EPL at the start of that year was 5000 to 1. It's THE most improbable sports story of all time. Nothing else is even CLOSE .

Reactions: patdog

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Armstrong and staff have done an amazing job in their tenure. He's wanting to take the team to England over spring break to watch some professional matches as well as have some friendlies should be a great experience, the bulldog club is raising funds to help with cost if anyone wants to support the experience!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login