Soccer post: Berhalter vs. Reyna

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I didn't get too deep in the weeds when this stuff was first brought to light after the World Cup, but what's outlined in this article seems like pretty ****** behavior by the Reyna family. I think Gio is a tremendous talent and I wondered why he didn't play more at the World Cup but it sounds like that whole family needs some counseling.

All that being said, I'd be perfectly fine if we moved on from Berhalter at this point.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah, the Reyna's lost a lot of respect and friends with the way they've acted. He's a talented player, but I've got no problem if the national team just kicked Gio off for life. That family is going to be nothing but trouble.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We need to move on from Berhalter. He's done about as well as we could expect. The Reyna's just look like awful people.

Reactions: FQDawg and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
We need to move on from Berhalter. He's done about as well as we could expect. The Reyna's just look like awful people.
If they bring Berhalter back, I'm done with US Soccer. That clown show makes the XFL look like a well-run, professional operation.

Reactions: FQDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’m glad Berhalter was vindicated in the report. He admitted what he did and took steps to make sure it never happened again, which it hasn’t. The Reyna’s acted shamefully in trying to get him fired by throwing Gregg’s wife under the bus in bringing up an incident from 31 years ago. They should never have anything to do with the USMNT again and I wouldn’t mind if Gio was never called into camp again. However, I’m also ready to move on from Berhalter as a coach. He’s done the best he could I think but I think he has hit his ceiling. Someone else needs to come in and take the program higher with all the young talent.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
The Reyna's behavior is especially confusing (for lack of a better word) because both Claudio and his wife had been part of the US National Team system. I'll never understand why they thought they could agitate for more playing time - that's not really how things work at that level and you'd think they know that.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login