Soccer Post: U.S. National Team Roster Announced

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
A couple of surprises, no Steffen and no Pepi, but Ream and Haji got the call, and some marginal guys who likely won't play much, Long and Roldan. But, it's not a bad roster. Jesus made the team too. That's should help, especially against Iran (sarcasm alert). Hope the young guys can get it done. The midfield looks good. First game is against Wales in on Nov. 21 and then we play England on Black Friday. We've beaten Britain when it mattered (American Revolution and kind of sort of in the War of 1812). We hold these truths to be self-evident: suck it England and Wales. I wonder if Iran will do the obligatory "Death to America" chant? Roster

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
yeah - team isnt half bad this year. I can't see them making a deep run or anyhting but we no doubt can get out of the group.

I still can't believe we missed last World Cup.

patdog

May 28, 2007
yeah - team isnt half bad this year. I can't see them making a deep run or anyhting but we no doubt can get out of the group.

I still can't believe we missed last World Cup.
Lot of talent, but too young to do much this cycle, especially with Berhalter coaching. Not a fan of not keeping Steffen as a backup, but the rest of the team looks ok. I like that they’re going with players who are playing well for their club teams now rather than ones who have played well for the national team in the past.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login