Softball with a HUGE opportunity after a 2-0 day

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Softball is ranked in the top 20 and got two big wins today, including one over Notre Dame.

Tomorrow they face No. 1 Oklahoma. Oklahoma has won 64 straight.

Oklahoma is great but they aren’t as good as they were last year. McNeese State lost to them 15-0 last year and it was 3-1 last week.

Don’t get me wrong. Oklahoma is the team to beat. But last year’s team could have won Olympic silver.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Softball is ranked in the top 20 and got two big wins today, including one over Notre Dame.

Tomorrow they face No. 1 Oklahoma. Oklahoma has won 64 straight.

Oklahoma is great but they aren’t as good as they were last year. McNeese State lost to them 15-0 last year and it was 3-1 last week.

Don’t get me wrong. Oklahoma is the team to beat. But last year’s team could have won Olympic silver.
We lost to them 7-0 and 9-3 last year, which was a rare 'not run-ruled' loss to them.

State and OU have played 7 times in softball and 4 have been run-rules. That's really my personal mark for how our girls do against them.... just don't get run-ruled.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
We only play one tomorrow. Oklahoma has two and we are the second. Aspen should be well rested to give them our best shot.

Reactions: Dawgg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Click on the video link on the schedule at hailstate.com. It’s low-rent, just one person at the stadium calling it, and they are not ready for prime time, but it is free. It’s a neutral broadcast and the only one I know of.
It's not free. I'm a little optimistic but shouldn't be lol. But last year we played them better than the results. They had one inning in one game where the umpire was damn terrible and just refused to call a strike for us. One of the worst umpires I've ever seen (and I've seen him multiple times- he tossed me in one game).

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg and 99jc

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
It's not free. I'm a little optimistic but shouldn't be lol. But last year we played them better than the results. They had one inning in one game where the umpire was damn terrible and just refused to call a strike for us. One of the worst umpires I've ever seen (and I've seen him multiple times- he tossed me in one game).
Wait. You got ejected as a fan from a Women's College Softball game? Color me impressed.

99jc

Jul 31, 2008

you are my new hero!

Reactions: stateu1

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
One of the worst umpires I've ever seen (and I've seen him multiple times- he tossed me in one game).
youre out big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark
Tag Youre Out GIF by Louisville Cardinals

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
We only play one tomorrow. Oklahoma has two and we are the second. Aspen should be well rested to give them our best shot.
We're OK's first game today. They play late game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login