Some not so popular MSU History...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2011
I know life was difficult during the depression (especially for minorities), but I don't know how anyone in the US back then could look at the Soviet Union and think, "give me some of that!". I guess some people like starvation and fearing your neighbor turning you in to the NKVD only to be sent to a gulag or get shot in a basement of a police station. Communism has to be a cult. No other way to describe it.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I know life was difficult during the depression (especially for minorities), but I don't know how anyone in the US back then could look at the Soviet Union and think, "give me some of that!". I guess some people like starvation and fearing your neighbor turning you in to the NKVD only to be sent to a gulag or get shot in a basement of a police station. Communism has to be a cult. No other way to describe it.
The atrocities of the USSR weren't really well-known until well after the Stalin era, beginning in the 1950s. Obviously some horrors happened after then as well. Being a communist wasn't exactly popular before, but it became decidedly less so after this era.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Yeah, trump and his minions have been licking his boots for about 7 years.
NB4DALOCK

Closing Time GIF by HISTORY UK

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
At first I was thinking you were either an Ole Miss troll or just a jackass. Now it's either jackass or both.
I don't know if he is either, neither, or both, but his comment was spot on. I made the mistake of clicking on a Breitbart article about the Ukraine war. Being a gluten for punishment, I looked at the comment section too.

"Putin isn't the bad guy here"....that one really stuck out.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I don't know if he is either, neither, or both, but his comment was spot on. I made the mistake of clicking on a Breitbart article about the Ukraine war. Being a gluten for punishment, I looked at the comment section too.

So a post by some random person, who may or may not actually be a Trump supporter rather than a liberal trying to make MAGA people look bad means this turd's BS is "spot on"? Yeah, sure thing, pal. You gonna vote for Biden again next time? Happy with where he has us and the way things are going globally since Biden took over?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
the Bidens got a huge amount of money from the wife of a Moscow mayor.
And $ millions more than that from institutions with ties to the CCP. This while China has made it clear they intend to surpass us as a world power, and have even stated their expectation they will go to war against us before too long.

Remember, Biden when told China was our real enemy, "C'mon man!" How about Biden claiming when campaigning that Putin wouldn't do anything on Biden's watch because Putin is afraid of him?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Isn't the self-flagellation over sports enough? Do we have to drag the entire university into it too?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
His code name was "Volunteer"? 17ing Rooskies. For all their spying and intelligence gathering, they could have done a little bit better job knowing the ins and outs of the Southern and/or Southeastern Conference.

Reactions: johnson86-1

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
The atrocities of the USSR weren't really well-known until well after the Stalin era, beginning in the 1950s. Obviously some horrors happened after then as well. Being a communist wasn't exactly popular before, but it became decidedly less so after this era.

The Cambridge Five learned this the hard way as well. They devoted their lives to the ideology of Communism and betrayed their country, the UK. They truly thought they were helping the future of mankind. However, once the jig was up and they defected to the Soviet Union they realized how mistaken they were.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
There was a time in the 1920's and 1930s where Communists seemed to be the only people in America concerned for Civil Rights and work with dignity. The Soviet Union sold itself as the home for this Paradise.

The horrors of Stalin, the Holomodor, the Purges, and the Gulags didn't come out until Stalin's death in 1953.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There was a time in the 1920's and 1930s where Communists seemed to be the only people in America concerned for Civil Rights and work with dignity. The Soviet Union sold itself as the home for this Paradise.

The horrors of Stalin, the Holomodor, the Purges, and the Gulags didn't come out until Stalin's death in 1953.
That makes it a little less contemptible than people arguing for communism today (after all, real communism hasn't been tried yet), but none of those jack asses were envisioning themselves as the peons working in factories or fields. Pretty much every advocate of communism thinks they're going to be one of the bureaucrats or political leaders telling other people what to do and at least having superior status, even if they delude themselves into thinking they wouldn't also use their position for personal enrichment like pretty much every bureaucrat or prominent party member everywhere Communism has ever been "tried".

Old Fart Dawg

Sep 2, 2012

There are no good guys in this war

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
There are no good guys in this war
A lot of things are situational and very grey.

Case in point:

"If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons."
--Winston Churchill

Oh yeah, cue the Godwin's Law invoked commentary... **

Reactions: Old Fart Dawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
So a post by some random person, who may or may not actually be a Trump supporter rather than a liberal trying to make MAGA people look bad means this turd's BS is "spot on"? Yeah, sure thing, pal. You gonna vote for Biden again next time? Happy with where he has us and the way things are going globally since Biden took over?
It doesn't matter what you believe IF you say anything against Biden or the Leftist regime you're automatically branded a MAGA Trump loving Russian. I can care less about whatever Maga is but I just want to slap somebody in the face every time I hear that term. I'm not hurting my television to any of the new service is good you know tonight right now CNN is jizzing all over themselves and Fox News is raising hell.

Trump is a 17ing Clown.
Biden is a Puppet for the Left.
Congress is mostly full of shysters

humor situation GIF by BestTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login