Some Rushing Balance?

Jul 5, 2020
We ran the ball on ~40% of our offensive snaps, and Johnson looked good platooning with Woody. If we average 75-80 yards rushing a game, I think that's all we need for success in this offense.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Leach’s best teams in the past have averaged between 80 and 120 yards per game rushing. That’s all it takes to keep defenses honest and open up the passing game. We would’ve had well over 100 yards rushing Saturday if not for the sack and lost yardage on the backwards pass fumble. If we can keep doing that every game, the offense will be in good shape.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
This would be great but I expect that most of our remaining opponents will be more difficult to run on. I hope that we can have some success running the ball as I get very frustrated when we do t run on some of the short yardage situations. Especially down on the goal line. First and goal on the 3? Just man up and pound the rock.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Careful Pilgrim, that statement makes you sound like a Leach hater and a Jackie fan

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
This would be great but I expect that most of our remaining opponents will be more difficult to run on. I hope that we can have some success running the ball as I get very frustrated when we do t run on some of the short yardage situations. Especially down on the goal line. First and goal on the 3? Just man up and pound the rock.

Opponents being “more difficult to run on” isn’t really a thing with this offense. We will run for modest yardage when the defense gives it to us, and we have an advantage in the box with 7 or 8 in coverage. Otherwise, we will not run. Simple as that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login