Someone answer this for me.

MSUArrowCS

Dec 19, 2006
Precisely what was it that Croom did to mess up Garrett's recruitment? Many of you insist this is "all on Crooms" for not "landing the guy in his own backyard". We brought him in, sold him on our program, got an early committment from him, he got an offer from LSU, then changed his committment. When he got the LSU offer, did you expect Croom to fire McCorvey? Change the offense on the spot? Garrett had bought in to our program (including Woody, the West Crap O, and the whole lot) via a committment, and was apparently helping us recruit. What change was in order? I don't follow.

I look at the whole Garrett thing and say "Damn, we lost another one to LSU". LSU = 10 wins per year with the occasional championship run. MSU will never be that, no matter who is the coach or what the offense is. They've been stealing our recruits for years. Croom hates decommitments - maybe he'll take it out on this guy for years, a la Jimmy Johns. But you guys trying to rekindle the "Crooms sux" BS in March are getting lamer by the attempt, IMO.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I really dont get it either, but at the same etime I really dont care. The last thing I will get stressed out about is a decision some junior in hgh school is going to make. And I really dont buy the story about Garrett decommittingbecause Croom went after other QB's. I seriously doubt LSU is going to stop recruiting QBs just because they have Garrett now. And if for some rason that is the case then good riddance to him. I would rather go out and get a few QBs, than to get 1 and stop recruiting to keep him happy

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Apparently that would have gotten Garrett to sign.

You made good points. He committed knowing McCorvey was the OC and knowing the types of numbers we put up offensively. Then he jumps **** when he gets an offer from LSU and the first thing out of State fans' mouths is it's the offense. I'm just not buying that. All signs point to him liking their campus, facilities, and coaches better, and having recently won a national title and having a QB taken #1 in the draft probably didn't hurt. They have a better program. I would sign with LSU over MSU in a heartbeat and I hate the Tigahs and love MState.</p>

MSUArrowCS

Dec 19, 2006
because of having another QB in the class, may God bless his soul in Baton Rouge. Just last fall we were bitching that "the lack of talent at QB is all on Croom". Then he offers two in a class and it's "how could you mess this up?". What gives?

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
I am saying. 17 Garrett. Take him out of the equation. <span style="font-weight: bold;">NO</span> QB or WR worth a crap wants to play in this system. Again, Baylor signed 2 top 20 QB's. Why? Facilities? Tradition? Texas Tech is gonna get looks from those type guys.Why again? Gorgeous Lubbock? A system like they run would make losing Garrett easier because there would be other options.
This ain't a chicken before the egg issue. Every body says we just need QBs and WRs. Well then, we have to make them want to come here. Finishing at the bottom of the NCAA in Offense 4 years in a row without making changes is not gonna get it done. Those other coaches are for sure preaching that **** about us to those type recruits.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login