Someone Explain

Sep 16, 2023
Why do we continue to trot Will out game after game and drive after drive? All I read is “he’s not a good fit for this offense” and we continue to overlook Mike Wright who seems to be our most dynamic option at quarterback. Seems to me the season is a bust and our coaching staff, once again, is loyal to fault.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Why do we continue to trot Will out game after game and drive after drive? All I read is “he’s not a good fit for this offense” and we continue to overlook Mike Wright who seems to be our most dynamic option at quarterback. Seems to me the season is a bust and our coaching staff, once again, is loyal to fault.
Geez, that's a new question that we have not thought of. Let me put some thought into that into that subject, and get back to you.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If Mike Wright starts the next game and goes 8-23 for 90 yards and an interception, I guess the clamoring for Parson will start. Or we will remember the good ole days of Garrett Schrader, you know the one season where we went 6-6. Mississippi State fans aren’t just obsessed with the backup quarterback, they’re obsessed with the third string quarterback, high school quarterbacks who are committed to us, and quarterbacks who have transferred away.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Did you watch the South Carolina game ? He can pass it if he gets a little time. But I would be all for justifying 17 it and playing Parson. If you are gonna lose at least lose while getting some valuable experience. Maybe they think WM and a bye week will fix things

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If Mike Wright starts the next game and goes 8-23 for 90 yards and an interception, I guess the clamoring for Parson will start. Or we will remember the good ole days of Garrett Schrader, you know the one season where we went 6-6. Mississippi State fans aren’t just obsessed with the backup quarterback, they’re obsessed with the third string quarterback, high school quarterbacks who are committed to us, and quarterbacks who have transferred away.
Using your logic we could just save the schollies we use on backup QB's and crown one guy as the QB king and make him supreme and above all reproach......like we apparently have Rogers.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The coaches are trying to win so they don't get fired. They feel like the have a better chance playing a four year starter snd the record holder.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

kired

Aug 22, 2008

🤷🏻‍♂️He can at least throw 56 yards🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol, there was a play late last night… maybe a 3rd or 4th down. Will scrambles out to his right to avoid the sack, and only WR over there is streaming down the sideline 40-50 yards away. I’m like, wtf is he doing? Will couldn’t throw that far to save his life. He literally saw Will in trouble and instead of coming back turned and ran out of his range.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
Sometimes when you bench a player for a game or 2, it gets their attention. It worked for Bama didn’t it. We ought to at least try that with Will. IMO.

Reactions: eckie1 and patdog
Sep 16, 2023
I understand the “logic” of Mike can’t throw but why not do what Saban did and put in our back up and when the fan base has seen enough put in our best bet at quarterback. We haven’t even gotten to see if Rogers is our best bet at quarterback or not.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, I only make assumptions that the coaches watch practice and play the guys that give us the best chance of winning. And call the plays they think the team can execute. But, tbh, I am not sure that is a factual or intelligent assumption. I am starting to think they do not know what the 17 is actually going on. I'm thinking there must be something happening that I am not aware of. I can't imagine that is the best group of DBs we can put on the field. Radar and Khamouri must be hurt ? We have not had a PBU in 3 games at least

Reactions: josebrown

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Yeah, I only make assumptions that the coaches watch practice and play the guys that give us the best chance of winning. And call the plays they think the team can execute. But, tbh, I am not sure that is a factual or intelligent assumption. I am starting to think they do not know what the 17 is actually going on. I'm thinking there must be something happening that I am not aware of. I can't imagine that is the best group of DBs we can put on the field. Radar and Khamouri must be hurt ? We have not had a PBU in 3 games at least
I think there’s more truth in what you just said than we know!

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Will is playing like the worst versions of Tyson Lee, Mike Henig and Wesley Carroll all rolled into one. This isn’t your normal clamoring for the backup. We are getting atrocious play from the QB position and the coaches are just letting him flounder.

Sep 16, 2023
Will is playing like the worst versions of Tyson Lee, Mike Henig and Wesley Carroll all rolled into one. This isn’t your normal clamoring for the backup. We are getting atrocious play from the QB position and the coaches are just letting him flounder.
bUt hE tHrEw FoR fIvE hUnDrEd YaRdS aGaInSt sOuTh CaRoLiNa

Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
In the past two games he has given up 28 points to the other team with turnover that he was responsible for. He also fumbled and cost us a TD in the SC game. We ended up kicking field goal. It's bad enough that it happens but it seems to always happen at the wrong time. Seems we get momentum and getting back into the game and boom it happens. Just give wright one series of downs to show what he can do.

We were not going to beat Bama but those 14 points last night put it completely out of reach and made the score look worse. To add we should have beaten SC. Will cost us that game even with the piss poor defense in the first half we should have won.

Reactions: patdog

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Y’all act like the coaches don’t see him in practice. But then, they’ve coached us into this mess.
They see our DL in practice too… and the most effective pass rusher we’ve seen all year just got his first action Saturday night.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login