Someone made this point on Twitter...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
there is absolutely no rhyme or reason on what or when our offense will click.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
It all boils down to the OL and it trickles down from there. Once Will looses his confidence in his OL for the game he is about half a second off.

Aug 3, 2019
That's why I liked that Mike Leach emphasized recruiting Offensive Linemen. I haven't seen this emphasis since the early days of Jackie Sherrill.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Offensive line? How many times did we see miscommunication between QB and receiver last night? What about those dropped passes? And y’all think that’s on the line? The line was the most consistent part of the offense this season.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Yep, this. I didn't think the OL was all that good the whole season, too many jumped counts, holding, sacks. But last night I put it on the receivers, they were just awful catching. As far as the miscommunication, not sure who to point the finger at on that one but they weren't catching them anyway so doesn't matter.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Offensive line? How many times did we see miscommunication between QB and receiver last night? What about those dropped passes? And y’all think that’s on the line? The line was the most consistent part of the offense this season.

Walley had an awful night to cap a pretty mediocre season after we all thought he was going to be THE guy on offense this year. Hope he finds it this offseason.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
Walley had an awful night to cap a pretty mediocre season after we all thought he was going to be THE guy on offense this year. Hope he finds it this offseason.

I honestly thought that dude was going to have a 1,300 yard season, this year. And he’s still capable going forward. He was a monster as a true freshman in a mostly bad offense.

rcdawg08

Oct 16, 2016
This offensive team is hardest to figure team I've ever watched. I mean when they are on I don't think there is a defense in the country that can stop them from scoring at least 30pts but damned when they are off it's like they've never played before. It's the most baffling thing I've ever seen. I mean hell they know what type of preparation and effort it takes to be successful at this level because they've done it. Maybe they are just damn lazy I don't know but the coaches need to be getting their attention and this **** needs to stop. Frustrating and ridiculous performances like last night can not be acceptable ever!!!! WE PLAY IN THE SEC WEST WAKE TO 17 UP!!!

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
there is absolutely no rhyme or reason on what or when our offense will click.

Actually there is a pattern to this offense. Sleepwalk through the first 30-40 minutes of most games then frantically try to score as many points as you can in the 4th quarter.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login