Someone that remembers our women's team's run in 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
She's conflating things. The women's tournament wasn't allowed to use the term "March Madness" until 2022.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It’s like a real life version of Veep.
This is the best take.

Its a VP that got a factoid wrong and applied that factoid to a point they were trying to make. Its dumb to have gotten wrong, but its also hardly worth the topic becoming the latest outrage story.
I mean, we have legislators and judges who constantly misunderstand things that really matter to society- basically any hearing on technology results in a flurry of short clip videos showing these people dont know what they are speaking about.

Anyways, Harris clearly went out of her comfort zone and claimed something she misunderstood instead of sticking to speaking about things she knows well.

• Haha
Reactions: MSUGUY and dorndawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This is the best take.

Its a VP that got a factoid wrong and applied that factoid to a point they were trying to make. Its dumb to have gotten wrong, but its also hardly worth the topic becoming the latest outrage story.
I mean, we have legislators and judges who constantly misunderstand things that really matter to society- basically any hearing on technology results in a flurry of short clip videos showing these people dont know what they are speaking about.

Anyways, Harris clearly went out of her comfort zone and claimed something she misunderstood instead of sticking to speaking about things she knows well.
It's not that she got it wrong, it's that someone in her circle wrote that for her and it likely passed through several eyes before she talked about it. Someone had to understand how that would come off. Half the time it seems that Biden's (and her) speech writers set them up to fail.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
This is the best take.

She is the female VP version of Dan Quayle - both of them are babbling idiots. Let's compare the coverage of Quayle public mis-statements vs. those for Harris by the mainstream media.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
She is the female VP version of Dan Quayle - both of them are babbling idiots. Let's compare the coverage of Quayle public mis-statements vs. those for Harris by the mainstream media.
I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

There isn't any part of me that is interested in googling around to compare how media covered Quayle over 3 decades ago with how Harris is covered now.
If you want to geek out in that though, go for it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It's not that she got it wrong, it's that someone in her circle wrote that for her and it likely passed through several eyes before she talked about it. Someone had to understand how that would come off. Half the time it seems that Biden's (and her) speech writers set them up to fail.
Neither one of them are effective speakers. Biden 10 years ago yes. She is speaking like an idiot and has always spoken like an idiot. Makes me wonder how some of these people get through law school. I fully expect neither of them will debate this go around.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Remind me how we advanced? Did they draw our names out of a hat?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home
Sad Squad GIF by Buick

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'm not defending her, she has her wires crossed here. I don't give much of a **** if the VP knows much about the women's ncaa basketball tournament. In FACT, I'd almost prefer they not.

Also it would be a hoot to watch any one of us get interviewed several times a day, pretty much every day, and see if we get anything wrong.

ETA: I'm kinda shooting the messenger here, but clay travis is a turd.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Not giving her any credit at all, but it seems March Madness was liberally used on CBS,
And ESPN, etc. chose not to use the same for the women, I suspect.
But, one of us is confused, her, or me.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
She is one heartbeat away from having the Nuclear codes.
A guy that is constantly accused of having severe dimentia has the codes right now.
And a guy who recently accused Biden of snorting coke before the State of the Union and claims basically anything he feels like claiming regardless of reality or responsibility, had the codes for the prior 4 years.

The bar that must be cleared to have those codes is apparently quite low.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
You couldn’t use any terminology that would imply women are crazy back then. People aren’t near as sensitive now.

• Haha
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
A guy that is constantly accused of having severe dimentia has the codes right now.
And a guy who recently accused Biden of snorting coke before the State of the Union and claims basically anything he feels like claiming regardless of reality or responsibility, had the codes for the prior 4 years.

The bar that must be cleared to have those codes is apparently quite low.
Please understand that my level of comfort with Trump having the nuclear codes is basically the same as Biden or Harris. It is beyond ridiculous the candidates from which we must choose a president.

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012
This is the best take.

Wrong! She is a stupid dumb b!tch!

Reactions: drexeldog23

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
This is the best take.

There's NOTHING that she knows well, except how to push Willie Brown's buttons in order to get ahead in life. Otherwise, she has absolutely no redeeming intellectual qualities or redeeming values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login