Something amazing has happened

triton28

Dec 18, 2009
Gonna try real hard not to get this locked. Jackson state signs #1 in the country. An apparent hoax (according to one of our own, Brandon walker) leads America to believe that he was paid 1.5 million by barstool sports in an nil deal to go to JSU. I’m over here ready to predict barstool will go broke. 500k bets lost, spending 2 mil on recruits to go to JSU, their stockholders demanding an explanation because they have lost so much money due to Dave liking rough sex. Our own message board proves otherwise. Within 2 minutes Brandon replies to my post saying barstool didn’t pay him. Dave portnoy is posting **** like he is trolling. #barstoolmillions #nil. Is it possible that the kid just wanted to go play for Deion? I love Jackson. I love peaches. E and L BBQ, big apple inn. I love the sonic boom. I love everyone regardless of color.

If he did just go to play for Deion that means he is a great coach and will likely have some decisions to make next year. I hope he decides to stay in Jackson and continue to do miracles for our capital city. Cause our state needs it. I love it. It disproves everything everyone is saying about nil and portal. I really hope Brandon didn’t lie to us. I suspect he didn’t. Truth be told, he probably has no idea.

A lot of us can’t comprehend how big that was. On one hand, I hope the kid got paid. On the other, I hope one day all schools can compete at an equal level. I guess time will tell.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Uhhh

triton28

Dec 18, 2009
According to shrek, there was no money. Imagine if we are all missing the point.

Fogdog

Oct 6, 2014
Gonna try real hard not to get this locked. Jackson state signs #1 in the country. An apparent hoax (according to one of our own, Brandon walker) leads America to believe that he was paid 1.5 million by barstool sports in an nil deal to go to JSU. I’m over here ready to predict barstool will go broke. 500k bets lost, spending 2 mil on recruits to go to JSU, their stockholders demanding an explanation because they have lost so much money due to Dave liking rough sex. Our own message board proves otherwise. Within 2 minutes Brandon replies to my post saying barstool didn’t pay him. Dave portnoy is posting **** like he is trolling. #barstoolmillions #nil. Is it possible that the kid just wanted to go play for Deion? I love Jackson. I love peaches. E and L BBQ, big apple inn. I love the sonic boom. I love everyone regardless of color.

If he did just go to play for Deion that means he is a great coach and will likely have some decisions to make next year. I hope he decides to stay in Jackson and continue to do miracles for our capital city. Cause our state needs it. I love it. It disproves everything everyone is saying about nil and portal. I really hope Brandon didn’t lie to us. I suspect he didn’t. Truth be told, he probably has no idea.

A lot of us can’t comprehend how big that was. On one hand, I hope the kid got paid. On the other, I hope one day all schools can compete at an equal level. I guess time will tell.

Pretty extraordinary. This story dominated signing day. No one was talking about TAMU at number 1. Everyone was talking about this coup that Deion pulled off. I think it's pretty cool...but then I was born and raised in J town.

Sep 9, 2012
Anything to deflect from the point. Well done. We’re u the guy who wanted Diaz?

Hell no I didn’t want Diaz. But Diaz would have been much better than HUD.

I really wanted Napier initially, then the Giants hired Judge and Leach’s name came up for our search. Initially the thought of Leach made me want to throw up until doing some research. By the time we hired him, I was pretty much on board. After reading his book and The Perfect Pass, I was all in and haven’t looked back.

Maroonlegacy

Mar 3, 2008
What is this drivel? It’s like the rantings of a mad man. The kid is getting paid fool. He didn’t choose to go to Doo-Doo U over literally any D1 program in the country bc he likes the big apple inn. Nobody can say he got an NIL deal right now because that would be illegal. He’s got to be enrolled in school first.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Exactly. If we see a Barstool series on him playing at a HBCU, you can bet they paid for him to go to Jackson St. Of course Brandon has to deny it.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Brandon, I know it’s your fault he’s losing, but can you kindly tell Dave to cut it out with the 500k of his own money bets? He’s upsetting some of our posters.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Everyone knows that 5 stars go to school for free. Saban doesn't pay them anything. Neither does Kirby. And neither does JSU. They are just regular student athletes.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
If this young man signed a $1.5MM NIL deal, he’s making five times his head coach’s base salary.
If it’s true (and I have no idea where the rumor came from, I’m highly skeptical that it’s anywhere near true), that’s a really interesting dynamic.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Which is better, Titans or Young Justice?

For my money, it’s Young Justice. Yeah, it’s animated, but the storytelling is much better and the character development is much deeper. It also doesn’t rely as much on the characters using 17 for shock value.

I do enjoy Titans though.

rumpelstiltskin

Oct 15, 2019

I'm with Triton on this one. Brandon isn't lying to us. He wouldn't do that. The #1 recruit in the nation chose Deion. Simply incredible. No NIL. No Barstool, just Deion. He knows Prime can get him where he wants to go. This is a turning point for HBCU's. I predict more and more blue chippers will follow. We'll look back in 15 years when the likes of Southern and Grambling are going toe to toe with the SEC "big boys".
Thank you Deion. Thank you Travis Hunter. Thank you Jackson State. And most of all, thank you Brandon Walker.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If you truly believe that, not sure how any MSU (or Ole Miss) fan would be happy about this. The last thing we need is another program in MS stealing recruits from us. That's just how I view it. JSU is now putting 50K plus in their stadium, and those are fans that could be coming to MSU.

The only positive I can think of is that it maybe spurs something in Jackson, perhaps some money flows in.

I was fine rooting for them when they were just doing the FCS thing, and taking lower level guys and some of our transfers that weren't playing (same with USM, Delta State, whoever). But the second they start threatening MSU, they become the opposition.

All that to say....if they want to be big time, they need to give the FCS playoffs a go. I know Jamele Hill had advocated that all the best players go HBCU, well, we are about to find out how many people are truly committed to that cause.

So essentially, I'm not going to put on a fake face and say I'm happy that Jackson State is now getting blue chip recruits. While Free Shoes U was on the receiving end this time, don't think for a second that MS recruits are not in the cross-hairs.

But in the end, I do think this was probably a one-time deal. This guy is a social media guy, and the modern day Deion. It was just a perfect storm. I do imagine Deion has burned his bridges at FSU, or maybe he's angling for that job? JSU could be left holding the bag yet again.

Last edited:

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Hell no I didn’t want Diaz. But Diaz would have been much better than HUD.

I really wanted Napier initially, then the Giants hired Judge and Leach’s name came up for our search. Initially the thought of Leach made me want to throw up until doing some research. By the time we hired him, I was pretty much on board. After reading his book and The Perfect Pass, I was all in and haven’t looked back.

Diaz at Penn State

NashLA

May 5, 2009
Congratulations to everyone who was able to psychically intuit meaning from this word-soup post.

campshelbydog842003

Sep 25, 2013
You can probably make that bet with 30-40% of the guys who signed this week.

The result may be the same but the difference is until now none of them Have signed with a program knowing they would be there for just a year to get a paycheck and the Transfer to where they want to be. I don’t know how that changes the game or if it does at all but it’s certainly different

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login