Something has been triggered in Tolu the past 1.5 games...

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I think there's a lot of truth here but he's faced some guys that he should've absolutely schooled and hasn't shown up. In particular, I'm thinking about that skinny white kid from Bama. Tolu should've owned that kid.
Yeah that’s true for sure with Mr pasty white boy for Bama. Some of it too is how often he gets double teamed. Seemed like to me against Georgia and Mizzou they were less inclined to double team him.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Since the 2nd half of Georgia - he has played with more physicality down low and is finishing shots when fouled. Hope it continues.
Yea…Georgia and Mizzou are atrocious at interior defense. Good news is that so is Arkansas, LSU, and Kentucky. Bad news is that Tolu can’t guard LSU, Kentucky or Ole Miss.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Cry About It Captain Kirk GIF

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Since the 2nd half of Georgia - he has played with more physicality down low and is finishing shots when fouled. Hope it continues.
I found myself saying the same thing more than once during the last two games. It seems like he has finally got his feet up under him again. That is the best way I can describe it.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
I heard one of the commentators say something about Jans really stressing to him "to get the ball toward the basket" or something along those lines. Can't remember which game it was, but remember thinking it looked like Tolu took it to heart.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
This. People forget, he's coming back from a pretty substantial injury.
He didn't just start playing though. He could've played a few weeks earlier but Jans wanted him to get up to speed in practice first, and there were physical milestones he had to reach before they were going to let him play. So that's less of an excuse for me.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Tolu has no game more than 5 feet away from the basket and struggles greatly against players his own size or larger. Mizzou and Georgia are not very good teams at all especially at the post position.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
He needs to recognize where the double team is coming from quicker. He's been getting better at it, but until he learns to get rid of the ball quicker, the offense will stagnate.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He needs to recognize where the double team is coming from quicker. He's been getting better at it, but until he learns to get rid of the ball quicker, the offense will stagnate.
The problem is he's too busy trying to dribble with his head down, head-fake, and step through (while often traveling) to even see where to go with the ball. He has zero back-to-the basket post moves, and he doesn't have the mid range game that is a requirement for big guys that face the basket. If Shak and Rams continue to shoot the ball better and score more, it will open up more opportunities for Tolu underneath. But if we're not hitting shots, opponents are just going to pack the paint and that neutralizes Tolu. It's really disappointing that this far along in his career, he's never developed a true post game.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
He needs to be. If he could consistently get to 18pts every game it would help the team tremendously. Almost seemed like he was taking plays off when Hubbard was the only option we were going to for a couple games.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login