Sonny Dykes on Mike Leach.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Great video! I was wondering how Mike Leach was so successful keeping his assistant coaches while most coaches have mass exodus each year (Mullen). It is great for the team to enter the year with the same coaching staff! Just another reason I'm happy he's our coach.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Mike Leach’s coaching tree is probably the most successful of any coach in college football. There’s a reason why so many of his former assistants and players have gone on to be successful head coaches. I predict Arnett will be his next assistant to make a successful head coach, but I hope that doesn’t happen for a few more years.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Ain't nothing like an Egg Bowl win to make you happier with your coach.
While listening to T&L, I was thinking about the razor thin line coaches walk with praise on one side and pitchforks on the other.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't. I mean except for when we made the hire and how good it looked on paper.
You're missing my point. We all thought it was a great hire on paper.

ibdancin/jjdoc was on here, and pretty much every other message board, defending him to the death after everyone else was on board with getting rid of him.

If Hitler was our coach, he'd be on here defending him.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

ibdancin/jjdoc was on here, and pretty much every other message board, defending him to the death after everyone else was on board with getting rid of him.

Two things: 1) I suck at reading comprehension and mistook your first post as directed at SPS collectively, not ibdancin specifically and 2) i don't recall any of those specifics about those posters but that doesn't mean much

If you need me I'll be the old guy over here in the corner mumbling to myself...

Reactions: HRMSU

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Great video! I was wondering how Mike Leach was so successful keeping his assistant coaches while most coaches have mass exodus each year (Mullen). It is great for the team to enter the year with the same coaching staff! Just another reason I'm happy he's our coach.

His work ethic is insane too. Other coaches have commented on the hours he keeps. Lincoln Riley talked about how Leach gave him an opportunity. He pretty much says the same things. He mentioned the hours though, That as a GA his classes plus the hours Leach ran was alot and was hard to keep up.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Aug 22, 2012
I could be wrong, but the last interview I heard with Coach Arnett appears that he is happy in Starkville. It wouldn’t hurt to increase his salary some to make it difficult for other schools to match.
It would be nice to have an AD named to do just that!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
"He always made you feel important".

"nothing is traditional and it makes you think outside the box. We all learned alot more from Mike than we can give credit for."

I thought he was a stubborn, unchanging, robotic, emotionless coach who just shuffled up and down the sidelines with his little piece of paper, looking like he was lost

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I thought he was a stubborn, unchanging, robotic, emotionless coach who just shuffled up and down the sidelines with his little piece of paper, looking like he was lost

Oh, you didn't know that? *** He would never offer a TE either.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

The hire was NOT good on paper. Only the sheep, who think the way everyone else tells them to think, thought that. We had a playoff caliber roster coming back who was built to run the ball, and we hire a passing guru. None of us knew he'd be as bad as he was, but even at its core, Cohen over-thought it. You don't throw away rosters like that when you are Mississippi State. Especially when the running philosophy had netted us probably our best decade of football in history. You keep that going, until it fails. I'd have traded a lesser 2019 or 2020 for a higher 2018. Coinz said it himself, he listened to all the 'experts' and the analytics rather than taking the obvious path forward.

Either way, we did it. And once we did it, and ruined 2018, not much else to do but ride it out. So I don't blame him for trying to be positive about Moorhead in mid-2019 (especially before portal/NIL). At least we could keep up recruiting.

I'd rather support the coaches any day rather than just trash everything about the program. People not attending games is not the answer. The answer is doing it like the big programs do, rather than fans not showing up to games, they ramp up the pressure instead.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
The hire was NOT good on paper. Only the sheep, who think the way everyone else tells them to think, thought that. We had a playoff caliber roster coming back who was built to run the ball, and we hire a passing guru. None of us knew he'd be as bad as he was, but even at its core, Cohen over-thought it. You don't throw away rosters like that when you are Mississippi State. Especially when the running philosophy had netted us probably our best decade of football in history. You keep that going, until it fails. I'd have traded a lesser 2019 or 2020 for a higher 2018. Coinz said it himself, he listened to all the 'experts' and the analytics rather than taking the obvious path forward.

Either way, we did it. And once we did it, and ruined 2018, not much else to do but ride it out. So I don't blame him for trying to be positive about Moorhead in mid-2019 (especially before portal/NIL). At least we could keep up recruiting.

I'd rather support the coaches any day rather than just trash everything about the program. People not attending games is not the answer. The answer is doing it like the big programs do, rather than fans not showing up to games, they ramp up the pressure instead.
What Cohen and SloMo did to our 2018 football season will forever more piss me off. What a colossal wasted opportunity. That was a 10-2 team with a blind midget in charge

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
What Cohen and SloMo did to our 2018 football season will forever more piss me off. What a colossal wasted opportunity. That was a 10-2 team with a blind midget in charge
Little people and how do you know whether they would have done bad? What have you got against them? ****

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
They can’t dunk
happy space jam GIF by Charlotte Hornets

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

I'm pretty sure he's rosebowl in disguise or somebody that works with him. Only they sunshine pump that much

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Is it ever a good idea to invoke Hitler? Jk

Pretty funny

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Do you hate VW Bugs because Hitler was instrumental in their invention? Porsche too? Were the Nazi's evil for their scientific research on a balanced diet and their research in how cigarettes were bad for health? Pick you poisons in an objective fashion. Without Nazi engineers and scientsts we'd never been the first on the Moon.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Do you hate VW Bugs because Hitler was instrumental in their invention? Porsche too? Were the Nazi's evil for their scientific research on a balanced diet and their research in how cigarettes were bad for health? Pick you poisons in an objective fashion. Without Nazi engineers and scientsts we'd never been the first on the Moon.
Vine Wtf GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login