Sophomore and junior DL

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Players. Where are they ? Did we not recruit any 2 and 3 years ago ? If not why didn't we sign a couple out of the portal ? Seems like a big mistake. I mean we had a few guys run it back and yet we are crying about depth cause 2 redshirt freshmen DL are injured ? How did we get so thin ? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
And we’re not exactly solving the problem by recruiting local talent

IMG_1347.jpeg

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Wave bye bye to elite DLs at State in the age of NIL.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm hopeful that our recent "progress" in NIL approach makes this a short term issue and that if NIL is our reason for being behind, we can remedy that starting this year. My guess is that once every school gets their NIL act together, the pecking order in SEC recruiting won't look much different than it traditionally has.

Reactions: josebrown

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don't think it helps that we've been trying to run this 3 man front. You can do that with elite DL talent like Bama or Georgia but we haven't had that since Simmons and Sweat graduated. And you've got to believe that gets used against us in recruiting - you're not going to play DL here if you can't crack the 6 man 2-deep.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Nah, I don't think it's that drab. We paid for them before. I hate to be cliche about it, but we need 'State' guys, and by that, I mean guys that grow up in locations connected to State and State people, like Cox/Jones/Simmons. That ain't Picayune, Bay Springs, Desoto County or Pascagoula, unfortunately.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login