Sorry to make another Kiffin/OM post

Status
Not open for further replies.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Danny Kanell said it’s a good idea, which means that it’s idiotic. I did get a laugh out of the line that “Lane has no trouble recruiting.”

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
He’d be closer to his kids in LA, but much farther away from his house in Boca. Access to private jets makes either location super easy from Oxford. I think his next gig will be in the NFL in 2-years…

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He’d be closer to his kids in LA, but much farther away from his house in Boca. Access to private jets makes either location super easy from Oxford. I think his next gig will be in the NFL in 2-years…

Concur, If I'm him, I wait for a call from the NFL.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Danny Kanell said it’s a good idea, which means that it’s idiotic. I did get a laugh out of the line that “Lane has no trouble recruiting.”

And this tells you all you need to know on this topic.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
They'd have to really like him. His buyout for the new contract should be around $25m at the moment.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He may just wish to stay in Oxford until the NFL or something bigger and better (BAMA) calls, but I did think he was selling himself short in signing a new contract with other coaching dominoes likely fall this month.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Concur, If I'm him, I wait for a call from the NFL.

This is why I did not think he would take another college gig. He actually would be a great OC for the pros. He's still young and would be a good add for a CEO type coach... which means he's going to Oregon since I'm usually wrong. They already have a big recruiting footprint and they love their offense almost as much as Ole' Miss plus they always have top shelf coeds.

quite a quandary

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
It was left off the released term sheet, but many have said it remained the same which is $5 million. I don’t think Oregon is interested, but if they wanted him they now have $9 million that Miami paid to buyout Cristobol.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They'd have to really like him. His buyout for the new contract should be around $25m at the moment.

Besides the fact that I seriously doubt Kiffin's buyout is anywhere near $25 million, Oregon is getting $9 Million for Cristobal's buyout plus I'm pretty sure Phil Knight can buy out anybody's contract at this point without breaking a sweat.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
Besides the fact that I seriously doubt Kiffin's buyout is anywhere near $25 million, Oregon is getting $9 Million for Cristobal's buyout plus I'm pretty sure Phil Knight can buy out anybody's contract at this point without breaking a sweat.

It is absolutely not $25M. Unless Keith Carter has mega blackmail on him, there’s no way in hell he’d have the leverage to get a $25M buyout. He’d get laughed out of the room.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Unless he pulls a rabbit out a hat and gets real lucky in the portal next year is not gonna be nearly as much fun as this year has been. Oregon has top notch facilities, money to burn and a loaded team. Great place to bounce off to. Get a little more money and a 10 year contract. Be kinda dumb not to listen if they called.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The buyout is about discouraging other schools from poaching him. I'm sure you know your people and I know mine.

It's also about giving the school an out if they need to cut bait early on a coach that isn't performing. Otherwise, they're on the hook for the balance of the contract if they decide to terminate without cause.

If he's getting $7.5 Million a year for 4 years, that's $30 Million. No way in hell they're buying him out at $25 Million.

Even if it's half that, that's not much more than what Oregon got for Cristobol's buyout.

Plus, Oregon has one of the richest men in the world taking an active role in their program. If Oregon wants Lane, it won't be money that keeps him from going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login