Sounds like a good reason to retire to me

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

This is a pretty bad take for Nick. All three of those teams are permanent opponents today. TSIO and the Iron Bowl are traditions going back decades. LSU-Bama has been one of the biggest games in the SEC since the BCS era.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
He’s managed to win 6 titles playing those three year after year. I think you’ll be alright, Nick
But, NIL has evened the playing field for the Big Money teams. He was great as long as he was the only one with the stacked deck. It will be much tougher for him to match those results going forward and he knows it. I feel real sorry for him and the Bummer faithful. ****

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Pretty crazy that State's winning percentage as a west division team is better than UT's in the east over the last decade.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
No pleasing Saban. He advocates for >8 conference games, says he doesn't want to schedule cupcakes (while still scheduling them every year), now he's unhappy with the draw bc Tennessee might not be the auto-win they've been in the past.
Sankey should ask him if he'd rather drop TN for UGA and see if that changes his tune.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
No pleasing Saban. He advocates for >8 conference games, says he doesn't want to schedule cupcakes (while still scheduling them every year), now he's unhappy with the draw bc Tennessee might not be the auto-win they've been in the past.
Sankey should ask him if he'd rather drop TN for UGA and see if that changes his tune.
Another if his top 8 permanent opponents is.also the 2nd weakest top 8 team (barely ahead of A&M). If he right that Tennessee will move back into the top 8, the school that like drops down is Auburn.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I think all of the uproar on the 3 permanent opponents is a bit overblown. It can be balanced out with the 6 other games and most of us are playing the three teams every year anyways

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
We have played Bama probably more than any other team not named Auburn. I don’t care what anyone says we have paid our dues on this one.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
He's obviously scared and intimidated. Lost his edge as he's aged. Just like the bear did

ForDale3

Nov 16, 2022
Nick saying I don’t know where we got those three teams like the crowd doesn’t yell their names every game in Dixieland delight

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014

BOO HOO HOO

PS: 17 BAMMER

AND NICK? YOU CAN

go away gtfo GIF

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
What’s hilarious to me is that Bama and Saban are ticked off Tennessee is their “weak” team……when Alabama would also be throwing a fit if they took to Tennessee off of their list of 3 permanent rivalries. It’s their own fault they are getting Tennessee as a permanent because they’ve dictated to the SEC office they must keep that rivalry!!! They just want to be given favoritism and get two “weak” permanents even though they’re a top half of the conference program.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login