South Carolina catcher

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You would think we would shut him up by winning. But that was the difference, his home run ends up being game over

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
With past competitive MSU teams, they would have found a "will and a way" to come back after that.

But there's no fight or pride in this bunch obviously. I'm thinking we see a bunch of them hit the road after this season, some of them just quitters and/or don't have the talent and a few that can play but don't want to be a part of another year like the last 2 and want to play for a winner. Some leaving can be a good thing, or a bad thing depending on how whomever is at the helm soon after the end of this season handles it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Why is there not a penalty for taunting in baseball like there is in every other college sport? Apparently in only baseball can you zero class or sportsmanship without any consequence.
The umps rarely call it. Lemonis wanted an out after the barking to his dugout and then again at home plate. It was excessive and the ump just let the kid act like an idiot

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Thread hijack:

Just clarifying that you hit a batter in the middle of his back, not in the ear hole for talking ****. I know it's just a saying, but a baseball hitting you in the head at 95 mph is the same force as a 12 lb bowling ball being dropped on your head from 10' above.

But yes, smoke him right in the middle of the back by all means. That's the game and he sure as **** needed it. I promise it still hurts like a mofo.

I just worry when people say "hit em in the ear hole" kids might take it literally and start head hunting.

Old man rant over. Now all the fat old mouth breathers that haven't seen there peckers in 25 years can come tell me about how tough they are and how it was when they played ball in their day... Similar to the targeting threads during football season.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Never head hunt - I’ve had to experience last year with my 10 yr old at the time playing up in 11u

took 3 HBPs to the head in the same day - velocities that day were 65-70 for the kids

had dizziness on Tuesday- two days later - went to practice just to be present and maybe do light skill work on side - kid over threw one and got him again

long story short - he went into concussion protocol for over a month with symptoms and just stayed fatigue the remainder of season once released

kid is still fearless but we don’t take hbp just anywhere now

oxdawg

Mar 3, 2008
I'm of the opinion Chin Music & Over the Head throws are warnings. Messages delivered are in the meat: a$$ to shoulders.
I’m of the opinion, tell the next batter, sorry for what’s about to come but you can blame your teammate. Then, smoke in the ribs or back with a fastball.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login