Southern Hoops series

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
After reviewing summaries of the 7 episodes, it looks like there will be NO mention of Babe McCarthy or the trailblazing MSU teams of the late 1950s/early 1960s, which featured such great players as Bailey Howell.

Maybe the synopses of the series left us out and there will be some slight mention in an actual episode. I will reserve judgment until after viewing them. If true, however, this will truly be a farce. They also pretty much left MSU out of the football history series they did a year or so ago.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I noticed the same thing. I hope it’s just left out of the synopsis. It would be in the second episode, so we’ll know soon.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I watched the first episode. There was a brief snippet with Bailey Howell where he talked about how the MSU team got called back home from a tournament in Evansville Indiana because one of the teams had African American players. I'm sure the Game of Change will be featured in a future episode.

I don't really have much opinion of him, but it seemed to really go out of its way to convince us Adolph Rupp wasn't racist.

Last edited:

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
It was the NCAA not the NIT tournament. Back then there were only 16 teams invited.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login