Speaking of Georgia

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
UGa has been pretty mediocre at the non-football team sports for a while, and no one thinks they’re a bad athletic program because they’re all-in on football and have been dominant.

UGa baseball - no Regional championships since 2008 (NCAA runner up), no SEC championship since 2008.
UGa basketball - No NCAA appearances since 2015, no SEC championship since 1990.
UGa women’s basketball - lots of NCAA appearances, but haven’t been to the Sweet 16 since 2013, no SEC championships since 2001.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Mississippi State has been much more successful in those sports.

Maybe we shouldn’t sweat coaches wanting to leave for greener pastures as long we keep football the one and only priority.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
UGa has been pretty mediocre at the non-football team sports for a while, and no one thinks they’re a bad athletic program because they’re all-in on football and have been dominant.

UGa baseball - no Regional championships since 2008 (NCAA runner up), no SEC championship since 2008.
UGa basketball - No NCAA appearances since 2015, no SEC championship since 1990.
UGa women’s basketball - lots of NCAA appearances, but haven’t been to the Sweet 16 since 2013, no SEC championships since 2001.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say Mississippi State has been much more successful in those sports.

Maybe we shouldn’t sweat coaches wanting to leave for greener pastures as long we keep football the one and only priority.
Problem is, even if we commit all resources to football, we likely are still in the same position in the SEC. Maybe a notch or so higher and that don’t move the needle.

I’d like to be considered a winner in something. We aren’t Georgia.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Problem is, even if we commit all resources to football, we likely are still in the same position in the SEC. Maybe a notch or so higher and that don’t move the needle.

I’d like to be considered a winner in something. We aren’t Georgia.
A notch or so higher keeps the gravytrain rolling for all sports.

Reactions: retire the banner

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

Amen. Football is all that matters. No one cares or notices what you do in baseball or women’s basketball. I wish this concept was grasped by the majority of our fans.

Reactions: travis.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login