Speaking of Hopson

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
IF he does come, not holding my breath, but if he did where would he fit in on our team?

I'm going to assume that Gordan has enough common sense to stay. That may be a bad assumption, but if he does he's the PG.

I don't think Stans would bench Barry Stewart and Ben Hansbrough.

Hopson is only 6'5", and I don't think he would be our PF. I figure that's going to either Elgin Bailey or Osby in all likelihood.

Then of course there's SWAT.

I'm thinking Hopson wouldn't exactly be thrilled with competing with Ravern, Riley, and Phil Turner for first guy off of the bench.

Jan 13, 2008
he's being told that he'll get Gordons touches next year. Someone we currently have will be upset.

Jan 13, 2008
My point is that you don't get a top 10 McDonalds All-American player by telling him he will have to sit next to Kodi Augustus and Turner on the bench and share minutes. He's being told that he will start and he probably will. IF he comes, I see a lineup of Bost or Stewart at PG, Stewart or Hansbrough at the 2, Hopson at the 3 or 2, Osby at the 4 and Varnado at the 5. Hopson could play the 2 or 3. Stewart and Hansbrough can interchange positions and playing time. That's my 2 cents.

Garciacamebackadawg

Feb 23, 2008
4 spot? I know that he's 6'8, but isn't he a "tweener" in the 3/4 spots? Stans is pretty high on Elgin, likes his hands, hustle, and work ethic. If Jamont stays, and Rick can handle the egos, then we would have a pretty good team next year.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I think Gordon is gone. NBA, that is. Even though he isn't scoring like he did earlier, his game has matured and when he isn't trying to save face, he does well. That UF freshmen schooled him a few times and he tried to come back with something either acrobatic (failed) or long three (failed). Early second round.

Rhodes will be drafted after Gordon. Good to see his game improve, although it's a last minute desperation-type of motivation. Maybe he will pull a Dwayne Wade and make his NBA career with NCAA performance. We can only hope.

2008-09 lineup
-----------------
1 - Stewart (He's showing traces of ball improvement lately)
2 - Hans
3 - Ravern Johnson, Osby
4 - Bailey, Augustus
5 - Swat, Brian Johnson

If Hopson comes, he could play 1-3. I don't think he will leave the state of KY though. Would be cool to get someone as talented as Gordon come in though.

G

Goat Holder

I predict he will have a big game or two in the postseason, get people's attention, sort of like Dontae Jones. He almost left last year.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________I think Gordon is gone. NBA, that is._________________________________________________

Think again, unless he has a huge SEC tourney and blows up in the NCAA tourney he needs to come back to Starkville.
Otherwise it is NBADL, Europe or Asia for him..

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
My point is that he is versitale and not a 4.
He can handle the ball and nail the outside shot.
Romero is a baller and I am glad we got him, where ever he plays...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login