Speaking of knives

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
What’s the pack recommendation on a chefs knife? Not looking to spend $700 but don’t mind a little jingle going towards it. What say ye?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Global, Japanese knife company that is reasonably priced for the quality they provide.

Added On: I also have a Miyabi chef's knife that is my favorite knife I have ever used, but they are very expensive so like mentioned further down I am slowly trying to put a set of them together as I can afford them.

Last edited:

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
knife GIF by Gifsu 2000

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I got my Victorinox set about three years ago, and it has made trimming steaks, briskets, pork shoulders/bellies, etc., a relative breeze. They are easily the best set of knives I've ever owned.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
What’s the pack recommendation on a chefs knife? Not looking to spend $700 but don’t mind a little jingle going towards it. What say ye?
I picked up this set about 4 years ago. Chinese made, but the steel is German. These 5 knives are extra handy and the block is easy to push up agains the wall out of the way. I love the weight and handle. The steel is the perfect hardness to hold an edge for a long time, but not difficult to sharpen (58 on the Rockwell scale if you want to look it up.) I took the old Henckel knives these replaced and put em in the RV. These are considerably better and at $150 it's a bargain.

Cangshan 6 Pc Knife Set

I use the bread knife for scoring my blocks of ice for whiskey. I then smack the śhit out of it on the spine with a mallet to chop the 2.5" ice blocks and it has held up perfect. Big fan of these commie knives. Sleep well at night buy not buying Apple products in order to balance my support of the CCP.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Zwilling Henckels Professional S, or Wusthof Classic. You would be in good shape with either.

I have the Henckels.
Wusthof owner here and agree that both are good.

For simple jobs in the kitchen, you cannot beat these knives, plus I like I can throw em in the diswasher. They even resharpen decently well.

Victorinox 3.25 Inch Swiss Classic Paring Knife with Straight Edge, Spear Point, Black, 3.25"​

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I have a couple of Miyabi knives, I was slowly building a set as I could afford it. Very nice but very pricey. I bought a 11 pc set of Dalstrong knives on Amazon, couldn't be happier. I don't think you can beat them for the price. FYI non serrated steak knives are better than two ply charmin It hurts my feelings to saw on a good steak now.

Last edited:

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I bought a MAC chef’s knife about 5 years ago and absolutely love it. Great feel and balance, holds its blade really well. It’s the MTH-80:

Comments indicate these pics might be wrong and I tend to agree. My knife has the red and blue markings.

here’s the link to MAC’s website:

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login