Speaking of Thriving...

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Lets all watch Gary Ervin play for his 2nd SEC Tourney title in a row since he left Starkville while we cant even sniff it...C'mon Stormwhiner, Meo, and Desoto- lets hear so more jokes...

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Lets all watch Gary Ervin play for his 2nd SEC Tourney title in a row since he left Starkville while we cant even sniff it...C'mon Stormwhiner, Meo, and Desoto- lets hear so more jokes...

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
He's the best guard EVARRR!

Is that what you want to hear, Bundy? Do us all a favor and stop breathing.

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007
getting immense pleasure out of talking trash to other Mississippi State fans after a Mississippi State loss. Think about that. No matter what you did to get deemed unworthy of coaching 15-18 year old boys, this has to be the most pathetic thing you've ever done. I hope so anyway.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Probably stemming from his divorce and his failure at his previous job that has forced him to be a salesman. He tries to act like a badass on this message board because, sadly, that's the only way he can soothe his once massive ego. Such is the way for former jocks who are failures in their personal and professional lives.

BlindDawg

Jan 23, 2007

Dude drop it. That **** is old, and we're all tired of hearing you suck off Ervin. You're freaking pathetic. He has absolutely nothing to do with that egg we laid tonight.
</p>

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
well....and it has nothing to do with Stan Heath or Rick Stansbury.

So just let it go. You were wrong.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
8Dog said:
well....and it has nothing to do with Stan Heath or Rick Stansbury.

So just let it go. You were wrong.

It has nothing to do with Heath or Stansbury? Ervin tells Ricky to <17> off, i'm going to UPig. Ricky says ok, go to UPig...i'll give you a release...Ervin goes on to lead the Pigs to 2 SEC Tourney Championship games. in a row...Ricky just sits back with his team and sputters and looks like a retarded monkey...

Defend Ricky...but he is a moron and he sux as a coach..Its amazing he wins in the SEC, but that is his claim to fame...Lets see what he does this weekend

</p>

lanceharbor7

Feb 24, 2008
then you are dumber than I ever gave you credit for. He didn't even start for most of the year and was passed over by a freshman on a team that underachieved. You are so concerned about proving self right on a message board that you don't even realize what a douche you are. You are probably the old guy at the bar who gels his hair even though he is balding and still thinks he looks good. Loser.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I've long stated that Ervin had the talent to be a good PG. His problem is there are times that he is just uncoachable. There are times he does what he wants out there with no regard for team or coach. He's done that to Stansbury, Heath, and Pelphrey and Arkansas fans have said the same things MSU fans have when ranting about him. However, when he listens to coaches and plays under control he can be a good PG, as evidenced in the last two SEC Tournaments and the last 4 times they've played us. The only good thing to come out of the UGA loss is at least we won't get embarassed by them two years in a row in the Tourney. They really would have slaughtered us today.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
shocker.

My point is that you felt he would "thrive" b/c he was no longer under Rick and was under stan heath. Well, its pretty clear that is has simply progressed as any average point guard would over a 5 year period.

It has nothing to do with his coaches.

And Rick's team this year has no relevance on Ervin b/c he wouldn't be on this team.

And is this a joke?

"Ervin goes on to lead the Pigs to 2 SEC Tourney Championship games"

If someone hyped up Stans by touting his two championship game appearances, you would just laugh and say that the SECT is meaningless.

You seem to have a decent knowledge of sports, but damn, you say some of the dumbest, most contradictory stuff sometimes.

TexasHoopCoach

Mar 3, 2008
Seriously, seek out professional help.

Your never ending gloating after a loss is much more than just irritating, it has to show some sort of maladjusted, deranged, emotional state of mind.

In other words, you are a sick <17> er.

But the good news is that you no longer "coach".

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
because we all know that 2 games in the SEC tourney erases a season full of sucktitude. SWAT says get that weak stuff out of here.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
for a few reasons:
[list type=decimal] [*]You could form that opinion about what he has said on this board
[*]That coach has said all that **** about himself (the facts not opinion)
[/list]

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
"Ervin goes on to lead the Pigs to 2 SEC Tourney Championship games." Aren't you the one that's always saying that what you do in the NCAA's is all that matters?

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
williecunningham said:
"Ervin goes on to lead the Pigs to 2 SEC Tourney Championship games." Aren't you the one that's always saying that what you do in the NCAA's is all that matters?

</p>yeah, and this is Ervin's 5th appearance in the Dance

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
TexasHoopCoach said:
Seriously, seek out professional help.

Your never ending gloating after a loss is much more than just irritating, it has to show some sort of maladjusted, deranged, emotional state of mind.

In other words, you are a sick <17> er.

But the good news is that you no longer "coach".

</p>I don't think he was ever much of one. Coach, you are now free to proceed with your weekly "yes I was" therapy session.

Dec 8, 2006
is almost as disturbing as Bruiser's mancrush on Andy Kennedy.

Does Jacob Hester ever get jealous of you paying so much attention to another man?

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
Coach34 said:
williecunningham said:
yeah, and this is Ervin's 5th appearance in the Dance

</p>You're giving him credit for appearing in the Tourney for the year he had to sit out?

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
But hasn't your message always been its what you do when you get there? Are you trying to say that you were actually happy with MSU's second round losses in Ervin's years at MSU? Are you trying to say that Arkansas's first round loss to Bucknell in Ervin's redshirt year was, in fact, a great accomplishment? And were you really that impressed with Arkansas's performance in their blowout loss in last year's first round? Or is it more people don't pay much attention to you in real life so you have to try and make a splash here?

WillemWallace

Feb 20, 2008
Sonny Weems, Patrick Beverly, Darian Townes, or Charles Thomas.

It has everything to do with Gary Ervin averaging 28 minutes per game, barely over an entire half. So basically, he plays the first half and not even half of the second.

And I'm sure it has to do with his 4th on the team in scoring, behind Beverly, Weems, and Townes.

Yeah, Gary Ervin lead them to this point, not the other players that avg more points, rebounds, and better shooting percentages.

Your and idiot.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Stansbury did win the SEC West so I don't really think in the scheme of things, he was upstaged. If you want to cherry pick yesterday, more power to you.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
dawgstudent said:
Stansbury did win the SEC West so I don't really think in the scheme of things, he was upstaged. If you want to cherry pick yesterday, more power to you.

</p>And that is where he flourishes as a coach. He is King of the SEC West. And then in a few days, all that wont mean **** as we will get beat by some @#$#%%! **** team that finished 5th in their conference

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
Coach34 said:
dawgstudent said:
And that is where he flourishes as a coach. He is King of the SEC West. And then in a few days, all that wont mean **** as we will get beat by some @#$#%%! **** team that finished 5th in their conference

</p>You mean like Ervin in his previous "4" appearances?

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Coach34 said:
when our great floor coach gets upstaged by the great Dennis Felton

Do you ever blame the players for anything? Surely you dont blame Stansbury for us not being able to hit an outside shot to save our life yesterday huh? And speaking of felton upstaging Stansbury i am guessing you think that Gillespie and Kennedy are both average at best coaches as well since they have also lost to Georgia this week. ++@$$@% dolt
</p>

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Coach34 said:
My how testy we get....when our great floor coach gets upstaged by the great Dennis Felton

My how we avoid responding to the posts when we have just had it handed to us. You got no answers for Willie?????????
</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
no doubt. But our plan of offense is just ******. Its like Crooms coaches the offense in basketball too. We had Georgia in foul trouble, yet somehow our coach didnt get thru to the players to keep attacking. Makes me think back to Donovan when they beat us in S'ville last year- he had a plan of pounding us inside and stuck to it the whole damn game. We got in foul trouble, eventually fouled out, and they got easy baskets or free throws at the end to beat us. Somehow, we couldnt see the advantage in using that same strategy.

"And speaking of felton upstaging Stansbury i am guessing you think that Gillespie and Kennedy are both average at best coaches as well since they have also lost to Georgia this week. ++@$$@% dolt"

Kennedy and Gillespie didnt have the advantage of playing Georgia AFTER they had already played a game earlier in the day. I doubt they would have let Georgia walk the ball up the court possession after possession.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
"I doubt they would have let Georgia walk the ball up the court possession after possession." Gillispie did. Because that's the way he likes to play. And Kennedy? Well, he managed to see his team get beat at its own game by a team who had been trying to control tempo all year.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
it really sucks winning the SEC West every year- in any sport.

I know the team, Stansbury and everyone else sucked yesterday, but I do think that Stansbury has done a pretty good job overall. He takes us to the postseason just about every year, and it's not like we have the Dream Team out there. He's no John Wooden, but he's not Rod Barnes either. He's a pretty good coach- and better than that idiot John Brady better than Gottfried, and I think he's probably better than AK.

The fact that he has not taken us to the Sweet 16 yet is a total cop out. We lost one year to Texas in freaking Dallas, and we lost to an Xavier team that was hot, and then we lost to Duke, and probably should have beaten them. Every time we have gone to the NIT under Stans, we've made runs. The only time we really lost to a team that I feel like we should have beaten was Butler, but that happens all the time in the NCAA tourney. Not to mention he has won the SEC Tourney and the SEC overall.

Who do you think could do better that we could realistically get? </p>

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Football - 1
Soccer - 1
Men's Basketball - 6 (4 with Rick as head coach, 2 as an assistant)
Every other sport - 0

That's it unless I'm missing tennis or something.

I know as an LSU fan, you're probably more used to winning titles and such, but in our overall pathetic athletic department, the overall success our basketball program has enjoyed dwarfs every other sport.

Rick got outcoached badly yesterday, and our players didn't want it as much as Georgia's. Plain and simple. The fact that you are jizzing all over your monitor about being right (for the first time all year, by the way) is pretty pathetic.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
The only advantage we should have had with Georgia playing 2 games in one day was them getting a game plan together. You are dealing with a bunch of 18-21 year old kids who play in these aau leagues and what not and are more than capable of playing 2 games in a day. It obviously isnt practical but I feel pretty certain that when they are playing outside of their college games they will play more than 2 hours in a day. We arent exactly dealing with 40 year old men here. With that being said kudos to Georgia for executing and winning the game. Hopefully we will pull our head out of our *** and get ready for this weekend</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login