Spencer Sanders ruled Academically Ineligible

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
How the 17 can you not have a 2.0 GPA at OM? That Multi-disciplinary studies major must be no joke.***

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I thought that must have been done away with as I haven’t heard of anyone being ruled academically ineligible in a while. I guess OM will offer Shapen a crap load of money to fill the slot.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I thought that must have been done away with as I haven’t heard of anyone being ruled academically ineligible in a while. I guess OM will offer Shapen a crap load of money to fill the slot.
I think it's a given that most of the bowl opt outs were going to be academically ineligible anyway. Like a lot of others, Sanders never had any intention of playing in the bowl game so why go to class?

Reactions: woozman

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
How the 17 can you not have a 2.0 GPA at OM? That Multi-disciplinary studies major must be no joke.***

I don't understand that either, especially considering he's an athlete and I'm sure he had some strings pulled for him in the classroom. You have to be a DUMB mf'er if you can't maintain that at OM. I went to State for a while and got a degree from OM. I've told my experience multiple times on here so I'm not gonna type it all out again. Long story short, academically State is much more difficult and OM was like a junior college.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
LSU had a running back a year or two ago miss a season due to academics. Emory, I think.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How many opt outs does Ole Miss have for the bowl game? How many does Penn State have?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
So, he transferred, got paid, played maybe 10 plays, got laid, got drunk now leaving saying, "VENI VIDI VICI you Ole Miss Bitches"

Reactions: Darryl Steight

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I just don't think anyone playing quarterback is dumb. Too much to retain in any offensive system. This guy just didn't go to class.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Honestly, he probably never went to class. I woudn't either if I was him.
I think it's clear he didn't, but ****, it's so easy to graduate with some sort of degree with basically no effort. Obviously he probably isn't the smartest tool in the shed and doesn't care about much, including football, to go spend his last year of eligibility sitting the bench at ole miss. But still, I think at his age he'd at least be able to foresee a time where it would be useful to be able to say he has a college degree.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I think it's clear he didn't, but ****, it's so easy to graduate with some sort of degree with basically no effort. Obviously he probably isn't the smartest tool in the shed and doesn't care about much, including football, to go spend his last year of eligibility sitting the bench at ole miss. But still, I think at his age he'd at least be able to foresee a time where it would be useful to be able to say he has a college degree.
I thought he was a grad transfer. Apparently not.

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
If I remember correctly Smoot was academically ineligible for the bowl game his senior year.
That was an issue with several players during the Jackie years.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I thought he was a grad transfer. Apparently not.
Wasn't thinking about that. He probably was unless you see something saying he's not. I could definitely see not doing class for a worthless masters degree when you already have a degree from Ok. St. Especially if he'd have to stick around for the spring to do it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This morning Bo said he was likely in all online classes. Is that common for athletes in the big 3 sports?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This was there way not to pay him.
Don't think that would fly. Collectives aren't supposed to be correlated with the university. Ole Miss would have to be retarded to not pay this guy what they promised him, or his contract, whatever.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
What an absolute waste.

If he was a grad transfer, I guess he just didn’t think he had an NFL future in front of him and just figured he’d make what money he could?

Reactions: WrapItDog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login