Sportsmanship in the Olympics

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
There have now been a few stories of handshake refusals by athletes against Israeli athletes.

Should Sportsmanship be in the rules for all Olympic events? So if the sport traditionally has a handshake, bow, touch gloves, high five or some sort of sportsmanship recognition act, and the opponent fails to do that act, they get DQ'd.

Just imagine if a white person refused to shake hands with a brown skinned opponent specifically because they have brown skin. The Olympics is put on to show we can get past all these things.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
A simple "shalom" or "peace be with you" is enough, no need to press the flesh.

Reactions: tbaydog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I find it amazing how many Olympic competitors attend college in the United States. Many of them are on the same team in the United States or compete against each other's in college sports. As far as the sports with professionals the same thing. I am assuming there's not as much college sports where they from or they want to compete against the best competition to get ready for international sports.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I find it amazing how many Olympic competitors attend college in the United States. Many of them are on the same team in the United States or compete against each other's in college sports. As far as the sports with professionals the same thing. I am assuming there's not as much college sports where they from or they want to compete against the best competition to get ready for international sports.
College sports or sports attached to any educational institution is really an American/Canadian thing.

I've gone down the rabbit hole of watching Europeans watch college football traditions on YouTube. It's quite amazing.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Agitators who feel their political views are more important than the game and / or the fans are selfish.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He F’d Around and Found Out 😂
He beat one opponent, didn't shake hands, and injured his arm while bracing his fall during another match.

That's a really liberal interpretation of 'fing around and finding out'.

It sucks that he didn't show sportsmanship and shake the hand of the guy he beat.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
He beat one opponent, didn't shake hands, and injured his arm while bracing his fall during another match.

It sucks that he didn't show sportsmanship and shake the hand of the guy he beat.
But him separating his shoulder did not suck.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015

Sounds like there was a little more nuance to it than just “not shaking hands.” I don’t believe in karma, but sometimes, every now and then, people get their comeuppance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login