Spring football practice started yesterday.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I listened to the Dear Ol' State podcast and they had 4 player interviews. The one thing that stood out to me was Albert Reece and Jordan Mosley's comments about the offense. I'm paraphrasing here but this is what they said:

Albert Reece (OL) - This offense is more similar to last year's offense than the Air Raid. It's not pass, pass, pass, but very balanced.

Jordan Mosley (WR) - This offense is pass, pass, pass.

Being charitable, I'm guessing the offense line is seeing more balance in the play calling, while the WR's are seeing a more effective passing game. Maybe more deep shots and open receivers. Logan Lowery even mentioned Seydou Traore being a potential weapon at TE - something we haven't had in a long time.

Listen for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
The contradiction in quotes between the the o-lineman and the WR is probably because the new coach’s offense is mostly RPO’s, PRO’s, PPO’s, pop passes, screens, and jet sweeps. You’re basically run blocking on most all this stuff, but the potential for the ball to be thrown is likely. Not to mention, it’s the first days of practice, so the ball is being thrown a lot for reps.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think Levee wants to get the ball out of the QB's hands as quick as possible, hopefully this will help the oline.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
We will have to have weapons that can beat 1 on 1 coverage at the WR position if we want to fully unlock this offense. That’s the only way we will see an unloaded box. And without an unloaded box….well, it will look like last year. Gonna have to make them respect the pass to open up the lanes for our RBs. Easier said than done for a program that traditionally struggles to get separation against the top DBs in our conference.

we need difference makers at wr worse than ever.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login