SPS Monday Morning In Game Recap - Arizona Edition

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
First, and possibly last SPS in game recap. I was going to do a vote on the worst but I like the format below. If nobody else does, make suggestions and I'll file them accordingly.

Early Game Angst

"Good lord. Our defense looks like ****." - patdog

"Are we that slow on D? This might not go well" - horshack

"D line seemed gassed after 4 plays. 4 plays..." -Seinfeld

"Oops I’ve been posting I. The wrong thread. Our DL sucks boys" - Msubulldogfan1

"Oh no we suck again." Leeshouldveflanked

"Overrated Arnett back for another season." - 047Dog

"This Arizona QB is like Johnny Manizel on Xanax" 57stratdog

"We might not punt tonight" - Msubulldogfan1

"Weird **** happens in the desert. Sometimes you just gotta let go of expectations and embrace the vision quest." -dawgtron

Mid Game Vibe

"This is one of those games where we are clearly better and should be up by two TDs but it's 15-10 because we can't get out of our own way." - Leeshouldveflanked

"I smell a classic Leach MSU midgame drought." - SyonaraStanz

"What exactly are the Guards supposed to do on 5 blocking 3?" - Drebin

"We are the WORST blitzing team in the nation. Every damn year under Arnett. They absolutely never get home." - Go Budaw

"Johnson is the better back. He was last year and he still is this year." -Uncle Rukus

"I’m going to be honest….I will NEVER be able to accept throwing the freaking football a single time with first and goal from the three. ESPECIALLY the way we’ve been running it. It’s maddening." - 1msucub

"17" - Duggar Hall Desk

"Coach Fisch seems to be thinking about his tee time for tomorrow" -MSUGUY

"Bulldogs doing everything they can to blow it." -BigDawg0074

"Don't look back, just run the 17ing ball back" - UpTheMiddlex3Punt

Late Game Bring it On Home

"This has been a weird *** game tbh. We just need to survive and gtfo" -Msubulldogfan1

"I can’t figure that dude out. It’s like he’s got eyes in the back of his head to avoid pressure, and he makes some errant throws when given time, but then when we’ve got him dead to rights with 3 guys barreling down at him, he just 17ing turns around and flicks a perfect dart like Mahomes to some receiver 15 yards downfield. It’s maddening" -Seinfeld

"Yeah you can’t go in like a missile on a rub route." -DesotoCountyDawg

"Shut up you miserable 17." -FlowtownDawg

"Arizona ain't great but the SEC doesn't have a great record traveling and against the PAC 12 so as long as we make it out with a win, I don't care how it happens." -muhstate

"That was an awful facemask that was why he dropped the ball." -IBleedMaroonDawg

"Do you sit there and think of all these **** posts for funsies?" -DesotoCountyDawg

"Pickering just pushed that dude's soul below ground" -wdawg44

"Love seeing another 3rd down sack on a 3 man rush" -Seinfeld

"We need to put this **** away. They still have plenty of time with the way we are playing." -Willowdwg

"It was a trap game and we survived it" - tenureplan

"Favored to win by 12. Leading by 22 with 3 minutes left. But I knew the same old ******** would ***** the whole game. Good road win for the Dogs." -FlowtownDawg

Can't Have it Both Ways Award

"Lol their D is terrible. We still gonna win by 40" 047Dog 10:20PM

"Gonna lose this game. Looking terrible" - 047Dog 11:26PM

"This 12:30 am football **** is fun when you are winning. Must suck to be a PAC 12 **** team" - 047Dog 12:31AM

"We losing this game folks" -047Dog 12:43AM

"Falling apart. We deserve to lose" -047Dog 12:48AM

"We have a stupid stupid stupid lazy team. Enjoy 5-7 or 6-6" -047Dog 1:26AM

Fire the Coaches Award

"Yep. Only one place to place the blame. Get rid of him TONIGHT, even if we manage to win." -Bill Shankly 12:44AM

"OMG a 15 yarder on a COACH. It's PAST time. Leave him on the tarmac." -Bill Shankly 12:48AM

Kumbaya Moment

"bill you are an idiot. This team won by 22 on the road. Don’t give a **** who we played. You tired as mother 17ers need to either get on board or ship the 17 out. Yalll suck. Y’all being you and your like in this site. JFC get on board we have a bad *** QB with a solid roster. We are going 9-3 at worst this year. Here an idea, actually get excited for MSU instead of this whoa is me chicken **** bill **** all you chicken **** mother 17ers ever crow here. 17 U and 17 any one who just bitches to *****. We just covered on the road against a Power 5 team. 17 u and good night." -Tsunhater

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
First, and possibly last SPS in game recap. I was going to do a vote on the worst but I like the format below. If nobody else does, make suggestions and I'll file them accordingly.

Early Game Angst

"Oops I’ve been posting I. The wrong thread. Our DL sucks boys" - Msubulldogfan1

"Weird **** happens in the desert. Sometimes you just gotta let go of expectations and embrace the vision quest." -dawgtron

Mid Game Vibe

"This is one of those games where we are clearly better and should be up by two TDs but it's 15-10 because we can't get out of our own way." - Drebin

"We are the WORST blitzing team in the nation. Every damn year under Arnett. They absolutely never get home." - Go Budaw

"Johnson is the better back. He was last year and he still is this year." -Uncle Rukus

"I’m going to be honest….I will NEVER be able to accept throwing the freaking football a single time with first and goal from the three. ESPECIALLY the way we’ve been running it. It’s maddening." - 1msucub

"17" - Duggar Hall Desk

"This has been a weird *** game tbh. We just need to survive and gtfo" -Msubulldogfan1

"I can’t figure that dude out. It’s like he’s got eyes in the back of his head to avoid pressure, and he makes some errant throws when given time, but then when we’ve got him dead to rights with 3 guys barreling down at him, he just 17ing turns around and flicks a perfect dart like Mahomes to some receiver 15 yards downfield. It’s maddening" -Seinfeld

"Arizona ain't great but the SEC doesn't have a great record traveling and against the PAC 12 so as long as we make it out with a win, I don't care how it happens." -muhstate

"That was an awful facemask that was why he dropped the ball." -IBleedMaroonDawg

"Do you sit there and think of all these **** posts for funsies?" -DesotoCountyDawg

"We need to put this **** away. They still have plenty of time with the way we are playing." -Willowdwg

"Favored to win by 12. Leading by 22 with 3 minutes left. But I knew the same old ******** would ***** the whole game. Good road win for the Dogs." -FlowtownDawg

"This 12:30 am football **** is fun when you are winning. Must suck to be a PAC 12 **** team" - 047Dog 12:31AM

Fire the Coaches Award

"Yep. Only one place to place the blame. Get rid of him TONIGHT, even if we manage to win." -Bill Shankly 12:44AM

"OMG a 15 yarder on a COACH. It's PAST time. Leave him on the tarmac." -Bill Shankly 12:48AM

Kumbaya Moment

"bill you are an idiot. This team won by 22 on the road. Don’t give a **** who we played. You tired as mother 17ers need to either get on board or ship the 17 out. Yalll suck. Y’all being you and your like in this site. JFC get on board we have a bad *** QB with a solid roster. We are going 9-3 at worst this year. Here an idea, actually get excited for MSU instead of this whoa is me chicken **** bill **** all you chicken **** mother 17ers ever crow here. 17 U and 17 any one who just bitches to *****. We just covered on the road against a Power 5 team. 17 u and good night." -Tsunhater

That third "mid game vibe" quote you've attributed to me....I didn't post that. I think it's mis-attributed. If I said anything like that, I don't remember. The first one? Definitely said that. It's as true now as it was then.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah, this post didn't age well:

It was accurate when you posted it. That's the issue I have with threads like this....it's fun to call out folks who go over the top with the sky is falling stuff, but the point of a game thread is to react to what's happening in the moment. If a player does something really stupid in the first quarter but goes on to have a huge game, does that mean that a post in the first quarter about the stupid thing done in the first quarter is any less accurate?

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
great idea horshack! i sometimes don't post because some of our "coaches with vast experience" will try to be a "debby downer."

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
That's why I decided not to to do it as a vote on the dumbest poster type deal, just a funny look back at game flow.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
That's why I decided not to to do it as a vote on the dumbest poster type deal, just a funny look back at game flow.

To be clear, I like the idea and it's fun to review these. It will be a nice post-game feature. I just was really pointing that comment toward pat....stuff like that is reasonable in-game. Shankly's stuff, not so much.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I feel underserved. My best post didn't make the cut. I combined bitching about Watson's interception return with a cheesy dad joke. It really was fun for the whole family.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Absolutely love this idea and appreciate the effort. Format looks good to me.

Glad I stayed sober enough to miss the list.

Must say my impression of 047Dog is not changed from this summary.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
First off, love the recap. Hope its a weekly feature.

Secondly, on my mid-game vibe comment….I certainly stand by it. Our blitz game has sucked under Arnett for 3 years (2020 UGA or 2021 LSU, anybody?). I barely even finished that post about the first horrible blitz call when we surrendered yet another 3rd and long completion on the same drive for a first down at midfield. Second one we sent J. Johnson and another LB up the middle yet still got no pressure….right after giving up a 3rd and long conversion from the goal line on the same drive on a horrible CB blitz call. If we just let our front 4 do what they do and let that gunslinger Hawaiian throw into double and triple coverage, and we probably put it away earlier.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Agree. Absolutely not intended to highlight "wrong" posts, as hindsight would make that a shooting fish in a barrel type scenario. I think we get pressure often, but practically "never" wrap up the QB. I think that aspect is magnified because for all of our QB's great attributes, escaping the pocket is not one of them. The in game contrast from them to us was noticeable.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Early Game Angst

Mid Game Vibe

"This is one of those games where we are clearly better and should be up by two TDs but it's 15-10 because we can't get out of our own way." - Leeshouldveflanked

"17" - Duggar Hall Desk

Fire the Coaches Award

Kumbaya Moment

Excellent idea. I think we all now where L4Dawg/Shankley stands, but do we have a wellness check on 047Dog?

How you feeling in the light of day, 047Dog? Back to optimistic? Still doom and gloom?

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Agree. Absolutely not intended to highlight "wrong" posts, as hindsight would make that a shooting fish in a barrel type scenario. I think we get pressure often, but practically "never" wrap up the QB. I think that aspect is magnified because for all of our QB's great attributes, escaping the pocket is not one of them. The in game contrast from them to us was noticeable.

That’s fair. It’s definitely a contrast in styles. For all Will does well, his ability to improvise when the play breaks down is practically non-existent.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks for the summary. I can't read SPS during games because of all the over reactions to any game and I dont have the energy to go back and read the entire thread after the fact.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It's kind of like watching in a bar with a bunch of your buddies and archiving every comment made throughout the ebb and flow of the game from every fan in the bar.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
1. This is like the SPS version of the red zone.
2. Posters need to keep them coming during the games, because.....it just makes the games more fun and we are......State fans (or is it M State fans now?)
3. Horshack has moved his way to the front page of the SPS magazine! Up ya nose with a rubba hose!!!

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Great post, but if you were to post it every week, how will the average avid reader be able to separate the heartfelt original bitching posts from posters playing to the cameras????

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
That is great. I'm sure Bill is proud of himself. Arnett got the penalty because he was tired of all the holding so Bill has egg on his face.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

Kumbaya Moment

This is low key one of the best post ever. "chicken **** bill **** all you chicken **** mother 17ers ever crow here" 17 yeah

#IStandWithTsunhater

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Beautiful! Thank you for this.

My favorite: "Shut up you miserable 17." -FlowtownDawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Shack this is great and I vote you make it weekly. Your challenge will be to separate our truly dubmass posts (which are always plentiful) from those just trying to get attention. Go for it.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login