Spurrier, Jr going to Tulsa as OC/QB Coach

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I hope we didn’t make a mistake letting them go, especially Hollingshead. He seems to be a young up and coming coach who is well thought of in coaching circles.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I wonder if Brian Hartline would consider an OC job to be better than passing game coordinator at OSU?

Not sure if he has air raid chops, but would at least have a pass-first mentality.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I hope we didn’t make a mistake letting them go, especially Hollingshead. He seems to be a young up and coming coach who is well thought of in coaching circles.
If this was in the pipeline, not sure we could have kept Hollingshead as a position coach regardless. I would think OC at WKU is a better route to a P5 coordinator job than position coach at MSU.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
If this was in the pipeline, not sure we could have kept Hollingshead as a position coach regardless. I would think OC at WKU is a better route to a P5 coordinator job than position coach at MSU.
Agree. I don't think Arnett can gamble on a young guy with only position coach experience. He needs someone he can turn the show over too and remain hands off. If Hollingshead wanted that responsibility now, he needed to go get that experience elsewhere. Working out well for him in that regard. You maintain the relationship and if he's successful, then you can hire him back one day if the timing makes sense. It's the business.

Reactions: drumrcraig
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login