Spurrier OC at Tulsa

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Forgive me if this had been reported. I’ve been reading the last couple of days and haven’t read it. I also did a search and didn’t see it.

I realize y’all hate him. I don’t know enough to have strong feelings. I hope that is very successful.

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
Forgive me if this had been reported. I’ve been reading the last couple of days and haven’t read it. I also did a search and didn’t see it.

I realize y’all hate him. I don’t know enough to have strong feelings. I hope that is very successful.
maybe we had a lot of uninformed negativity ? There are quite a few who were convinced Sawyer was no good, but TCU and Baylor both want him. Hollingshead was Outstanding as is Miller in both coaching and recruiting. I would have tried to keep both of them.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Seemed like everybody on this board except about 4 or 5 of us sunshine pumper that are carrying water for somebody. I was excited they promoted Arnett and thought we were planning to hold it all together with a few small tweaks. I woulda promoted Spurrier or Miller or made them co coordinators at least for the first year. But apparently that was just pure stupid. We shall 17n see tho won't we ? Haha

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
For the record, I didn’t hate Spurrier, Jr.-but I don’t “hate” anyone. I kind realize that Spurrier, Jr. is held to a higher standard because of the fact that his daddy is kind of a big thing. The knock on Spurrier is that he was lazy and didn’t really give two shats about what people thought about him. I can see where that might be a hurdle to overcome. In my own experience, I sorta understand. My Dad was a Brigadier General in the Army and commanded Brigades. I was a First Sergeant (an enlisted man and an E-8 rank) and people gave me shat about why I didn’t aspire to do what my Daddy did. Well, I didn’t want to be an officer, period. I also knew that no matter what I did I would never live up to what my Daddy accomplished- but I took care of my soldiers and gave them everything I had. Daddy was proud of me and of what I accomplished. At the end of the day, that was more than enough for me. I hope Spurrier, Jr. gets the same accolades from his Daddy as I got from mine….

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Seemed like everybody on this board except about 4 or 5 of us sunshine pumper that are carrying water for somebody. I was excited they promoted Arnett and thought we were planning to hold it all together with a few small tweaks. I woulda promoted Spurrier or Miller or made them co coordinators at least for the first year. But apparently that was just pure stupid. We shall 17n see tho won't we ? Haha
2 things can be true

1. I don’t hate spurrier
2. I didn’t want him as offensive coordinator for obvious reasons. Lack of experience and success at the position and not a great recruiter.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
2 things can be true

1. I don’t hate spurrier
2. I didn’t want him as offensive coordinator for obvious reasons. Lack of experience and success at the position and not a great recruiter.
No. You hated his guts because you made a rational opinion based on his coaching history and recruiting background.***

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Who hated Spurrier, JR. ? And if so, why?
I did not, do not hate him. I will say that when his name was mentioned for OC, I went and watched a couple of videos that he was interviewed. I'll say that he did not come across as somebody, that I would expect to fill that job. Our HC worked with these guys three years, and he passed.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login