Stansbury and Fanning comparison

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Out of curiosity, I decided to compare a few stats whie keeping in mind that Stansbury inherited Williams' foundation and Fanning started with significantly less. One could argue that it is more equitable to compare Williams' and Fanning.

Seasons at MSU: Fanning 17; Stansbury 14

Winning percentage at MSU: Fanning .548; Stansbury .640

Winning seasons: Fanning 10; Stansbury 12

Post season appearances at MSU: Fanning 11 (6 NCAA, 5 WNIT); Stansbury 11 (6 NCAA, 5 NIT)

Best post season: Fanning - NCAA Sweet 16; Stansbury - NCAA Round of 32

Bottom line is the WBB has a solid history thanks to Coach Fanning. Vic Schafer built on her legacy.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Fanning and Stansbury were both class acts. I met and spoke with both of them on multiple occassions. They loved our fans and our school. Regardless of what their naysayers claim they were both good for our basketball programs.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Fanning and Stansbury were both class acts. I met and spoke with both of them on multiple occassions. They loved our fans and our school. Regardless of what their naysayers claim they were both good for our basketball programs.

I appreciate you saying this. I think this is the thing I've been unable to quite put my finger on. When I saw them both speak at various functions, they were postive, well-spoken, hard working, and approachable. In short, they represented.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login