Stansbury is to Blame for this loss

statemba

Jun 12, 2005
You put 2 guys on Foster if you have to but you dont let him beat you. Bad coaching all the way around. If Vandy is going to beat us you make someone else beat us. How many times does Foster have to hit a 3 at the end of games? You take him out of the game if it means putting 2 guys on him and zoning the rest of the team. Stansbury has to make adjustments. We lost to Miami, South Alabama, and maybe one more team besides Vandy because we let ONE guy beat us instead of making the needed adjustments and taking a certain player out of the game.

statemba

Jun 12, 2005
You put 2 guys on Foster if you have to but you dont let him beat you. Bad coaching all the way around. If Vandy is going to beat us you make someone else beat us. How many times does Foster have to hit a 3 at the end of games? You take him out of the game if it means putting 2 guys on him and zoning the rest of the team. Stansbury has to make adjustments. We lost to Miami, South Alabama, and maybe one more team besides Vandy because we let ONE guy beat us instead of making the needed adjustments and taking a certain player out of the game.

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
Foster is stepping out and knocking them down from 30 feet?

I know what you're saying, but damn, what can you do? If he doesn't hit ******** like that all through the 2nd half, we win.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
God you are a #+#%$!! idiot. Stansbury didnt lose this game tonight, free throws did

statemba

Jun 12, 2005
Regardless of shooting bad at the FT line tonight the game was lost by our staff not taking the ball out of the hands of the only player on fire tonight for Vandy. Late in the game you double team that guy. If we do that we probably win the game. Our staff is just not that smart in close ballgames. We let Miami and South Alabama do the same thing to us this year.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
I have come to detest this board some days. There are some people on here that are just plain stupid. And you are one of them. State should revoke your MBA.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
MSUCostanza said:
I have come to detest this board some days. There are some people on here that are just plain stupid. And you are one of them. State should revoke your MBA.

And dawgstudent should revoke his posting privileges. $%#++%@ moron
</p>

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
statemba said:
Late in the game you double team that guy.

Think about that for a second. What happens when you DOUBLE a guy that's out at 3-point range? You're going to leave someone wide open when we're only up 2. It might even be a wide open 3-point look, which is just as bad as Foster having any space to shoot.
</p>

ChazReinhold

Nov 27, 2007
Foul someone with a 2 pt lead at the end of the game? I dont care how hot someone is, I dont think I would agree with that.

Kalpatrick

Jul 2, 2007
Up by 2 and under 30 seconds we should foul their hottest player so he can almost assuredly tie the game? That's a good coaching move?</p>

Berserker.sixpack

May 2, 2006
How many times can we count that a good 3-point shooter has whipped MSU all by himself? All because of a crappy Stansbury perimeter defense and piss-*** coaching. One deterrent to MSU's next step back to the Final Four ... Stansbury's "coaching".

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007
No. 2 in the nation in total defense. No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.No. 2 in the nation in total defense.

That's all.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Aren't we one of the best shooting percentage defenses in the nation?

Nothing like a loss to bring out the stupidity. The estimate of 99% may have been too low, especially tonight. Several posters are trying to out-dumb each other. It's neck and neck at this point.

HighPointDawg

Feb 9, 2005
statemba said:

Dude this just shows HOW wrong your perception is when you can't see a game happen....</p>Our game plan was to make other guys beat us all night... you couldn't imagine the number of WIDE OPEN (I mean guys backing off and daring them to shoot) shots we gave Neltner, Bell, Beal, even Olivigah and some other dude... they airballed soo many shots their crowd was crying for them to stop shooting... Foster kicked our ***, no doubt, but he was never left open from the HALF COURT line on.. he had a hand in his face on all but one of his 9 3's that I can remember and there were 2 or 3 that SHOULD have been 4 point plays because Ben or Charles put him on his *** ......and he still nailed them...

His game tying shot at Reg was with Rhodes and Gordon on him from at least 35 feet.. the winner in OT was off balance with barry on top of him... NONE of his 9 threes hit the rim.. NONE of them.. he was just on fire...

After the game every Vandy fan I talked to said we should win the SECT easy and they said we would have won tonight 9/10 times.. Foster is good.. he's not THAT good. We played and outstanding game to try to overcome his points.....

Foster beat us... but he didn't beat us from a lack of effort by the Dawgs... he just had one of those nights.

</p>

</p>

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Stans could have had JG tackle Foster's ***. I mean, JG's strength is his strength...shoulda form tackled his *** at half-court.

</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login