Starkville Little League

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
will be playing in the Southwest Regional in Waco beginning tomorrow. Looks like they will start against a team from New Mexico. If they win their first two games they will be on ESPN on Sunday afternoon. It looks like all the other games are on the Longhorn network. It would be great if they could finally make it to Williamsport.

Does anyone know any of the kids on the team?

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
How does this work? Can we not social engineer literally the best 12u team with kids from all over the state? Does it have to be a regular team or can you create a team?

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Has to be an all star team from a Little League affiliated local rec league. Starkville may have the only one in the state.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
When they played in the state our region tournament I don’t think they even gave up a run. I remember thinking that they must have some arms on that team.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
It’s more complicated

All star team from same league but size of league is a factor too. Our league had 2 divisions and each division had an all star team. By LL rules couldn’t have a team from entire league. Had to play each other in state regional championship.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They have been a regular for the SW Regional up the road in Waco. They show most if not all the games on the Longhorn Network and I encourage you to watch while remembering this is Little League. It is a good precursor for the LLWC in PA. That is one of my wife's and my own bucket list items. We had so much fun chasing our kids in baseball.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
When they played in the state our region tournament I don’t think they even gave up a run. I remember thinking that they must have some arms on that team.

Word is that they have more than just POs😀

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Remember back when Taiwan used to dominate the LLWS? They were cheating, and one thing they were doing was drawing their All Star team from too large of a population. They were also accused of using overage kids, but I never heard if that was proven. Some people even thought they were using midgets.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Remember back when Taiwan used to dominate the LLWS? They were cheating, and one thing they were doing was drawing their All Star team from too large of a population. They were also accused of using overage kids, but I never heard if that was proven. Some people even thought they were using midgets.

So that's why China is so pissed off.******

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Has to be an all star team from a Little League affiliated local rec league. Starkville may have the only one in the state.

Hattiesburg and Coast areas used to have LL affiliated leagues but who knows anymore. Dont think the Jackson area has ever had one.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Hattiesburg and Coast areas used to have LL affiliated leagues but who knows anymore. Dont think the Jackson area has ever had one.

Yea, I think rec league is pretty much destroyed by little league in most places. I think little league is 11-12. Even if they have a rec league for kids that old, there's probably not much to make an all star team out of.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I saw they beat New Mexico 7-1 today. They play winner of Arkansas and Texas East tomorrow.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login