Starkville Murders

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Starkville was gripped when that happened. Right around the the time of the Taco Bell murder/suicide, if I remember correctly. I’m sure someone will correct me if wrong.

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Starkville was gripped when that happened. Right around the the time of the Taco Bell murder/suicide, if I remember correctly. I’m sure someone will correct me if wrong.
What was the Taco Bell murder/suicide? Same time?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't think that was TB, I think it was an Arby's that had just opened. It was on the otherside of 12 near Wendys.

Fishmsu94

Oct 4, 2022
I’ll never forget it. Jon and I had class together. It was one eerie atmosphere when all of that happened.
Same here. Had a class that met in Dorman of all places, we worked as a team on a semester long project. I actually remember finding the field notebook in my garage before everything in there was lost from Katrina.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The Stecklers are a great family. I know I give the Cathedral people **** but they are one of the good ones.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I remember it well. About that same time period we had a serial killer here in Columbus killing old people in their homes. That went on for seems like about 3 or 4 years. They never did catch anyone but they finally stopped. A strange guy that I went to high school with was a suspect. Hopefully the criminal got caught for something else and they just never connected all of the dots. With that being said, it is sad that our justice system allows this manning guy to still be alive after all of these years. I believe in being thorough and making sure the right person is convicted but there is no reason for a horrible piece of sh** like this to continue living off of the State 30 years later.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
I know this guy to well as he broke into my apartment around midnight in February of 1988 or 1989 when I lived in a townhouse in Starkville. The police came and I id’ed him from some mug shots. The police said he had been caught stealing since he was 13-14 yrs old. Said he was now 19 when he broke in on me and he’d be arrested as an adult for the first time. Deer season had closed and me and my roommates had taken all of our guns back home. I surprised him with a softball bat up above his head when he got to my bedroom upstairs. He was probably 5’5” and drunk as a skunk. I’m 6’6” and when I surprised him with my “Will Clark” look, all he could say was “you ain’t going to hit me with that bat are you?!?”. I got him downstairs, outside of my unit and I started banging on my neighbor’s door with the bat while Jerome had his hands on the brick wall of townhouse. I didn’t know if there were more thieves downstairs and got out as soon as I could. He took a swing at me and glazed me on my cheek. I chased him across the street in my bare feet. My heart had NEVER beat so fast in my life!! I remember it like it was yesterday. I truly wish I had a gun and would’ve shot him as it would’ve saved the folks lives he killed later.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I remember it. I was “talking” with my girlfriend in the parking lot of my fraternity house (2 down from where they were abducted) around the same time that night. My uncle gave me a pistol to keep in my car when I went home for Christmas after it happened.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think many LE officers advise that it a gun, knife, etc., is pulled on you and the assailant tries to force you into a vehicle, building, etc., it's better to fight/run/etc., risking getting shot/injured, than to comply.

Reactions: woozman

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It wasn't taco bell. Pretty sure it was arby's. Had a buddy that worked there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login