Starkville Restaurant: Humble Taco closed; Bluto's Greek Tavern opening in same spot

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
This all from social media traffic the last couple of days
I was never a fan of their food. Trying too hard to be different from the type of Tex Mex that most people actually like. And charging a premium for it too. The frozen margs were on point though, hopefully they keep the machines.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
It never seemed like a great idea to me. I'm either in the mood for Mexican or I'm in the mood for something else. I dont want that something else made into Mexican.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I will say it now that’s no longer open, Humble Taco sucked. Appreciate the idea but never found the food to be good.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Ate at Humble Taco after the game Saturday. Kids loved the Brontosaur that their tacos came in. I thought it was average. Excellent chips though.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Between it and Uno Mas, one of them was always on borrowed time. You can’t have two places that similar to one another located like a block away from each other in a high rent, heavy pedestrian area in a town like Starkville. It just isn’t nearly big enough for both to coexist.

Also, I popped into Uno Mas a few months back, and was impressed. So I’m glad they at least made it for the time being.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I went once not to long after it opened and didn't go back. Service was terrible, salsa was terrible (I think it was the smoked one) and entree was average at best. I had 1 beer that day but would have probably had 3 if only the server checked in after we finally got our order (which somebody else brought out). From the time she took our order until she brought the check I never saw her. Now, what is a "Blutos Greek Tavern"? Corporate filing shows Michelle Fant as officer, either the Fants that took over Veranda building, or, Robin Fant from Sweet Peppers, Bulldog Burger, etc?

Last edited:

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Ill at least be one guy on the other side of the coin. I only ate there once. Sat at the bar and had guac and some tacos along with a couple of margaritas. My food was great that day and the bartendress was enjoyable to talk too.
but it sounds like the good experience was the anomaly…

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We ate there several times and never had a bad experience. You could at least park close to it and not spend an hour looking for a spot within walking distance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login