Starlink waiting time

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Anyone know when I can expect my Starlink equipment in Philadelphia, ms area?
Anyone else on waiting list?
Anyone got a review for Starlink?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I have several clients that have in in North Georgia. You need a really, really l large field of view if you want 24/7 connectivity. I have some clients that only get it at night because they can’t cut the trees in a specific direction. But overall it’s life changing for people that don’t have any other option. Plenty fast to stream multiple devices.

Reactions: msstate7

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I paid my deposit a little over a year ago. I was told at the time that I could probably expect 16-18 month wait time.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I am about 16 miles outside Philadelphia and had to wait about a year. Just got my equipment about a week ago. So far it's been great. It automatically moves to the best satellite so if you have a good bit of air space you are good. If you are covered with oak trees it won't work. Very simple install

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Tbh tho I am still using my DTV. I already have a firestick and have it set up. Looks like with the proper add on or downloads you can watch anything you want free. I have canceled my DTV but will unhook tomorrow. They have not turned it off yet.

ntzdog

Aug 6, 2009
I have several clients that have in in North Georgia. You need a really, really l large field of view if you want 24/7 connectivity. I have some clients that only get it at night because they can’t cut the trees in a specific direction. But overall it’s life changing for people that don’t have any other option. Plenty fast to stream multiple devices.
An option used in my area is to use a pole, or roof top, to get high enough to avoid the trees.

ntzdog

Aug 6, 2009
The "on the list" wait time is very long - almost a year for me. But, equipment once ordered arrives quickly. Service in the Louisville (MS) area is very good (>100mpbs). A buddy has service closer to Carthage (4 Corners Area) and he has significantly faster service.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Anyone know when I can expect my Starlink equipment in Philadelphia, ms area?
Anyone else on waiting list?
Anyone got a review for Starlink?
No idea on your wait-list situation, but here's some firsthand info on my experience with Starlink.

I got Starlink RV this summer and it's pretty fantastic. It can be a little finicky if you are truly in the trees, but it's not as bad as some make you believe that you have to be in 20 acres of pastureland. I ran my house off it as a test for a few days and while I have a little clearing, there are tons of trees. The biggest issue was getting it above my house (metal roof.) I set it about 40' in front of my house on a landscaping berm to clear the house. It said the trees were in the way but it found plenty of signal through the gaps. See setup below.

Screenshot_20230116-143659_copy_570x270.png
PXL_20220916_233222625~2_copy_1484x834.jpg

Those are 100'+ Ponderosa Pine and Douglas Fir trees behind the house, but they do have a few breaks to shoot through. Like I said, no problem running the house off it as a backup to our cable internet(my wife is in Teams chewing up bandwidth all day for work.)

Used it on a several trips and it worked pretty flawless. Technically the RV version is not as high priority as the residential version so in peak times I should have lost some bandwidth, but I never noticed. It constantly runs 50-250MBPS. In fairness, I live in and take the RV out in the mountain west and it's much less populated than the eastern US. My particular area is in the available capacity zone, but just south of town a few neighborhoods are in the wait-list area.

I used it twice in central and eastern Washington where the capacity is supposed to be a little lower and residential is wait-list, including an area bordering a spot with supposedly no coverage. Streamed all weekend with no issue. See below, x marks the spot...

Screenshot_20230116-142439~2.png

We even got to see Starlink launch a barrage of satellites while using Starlink at that spot. My drunken friend lost his **** when he first saw it... I think he was leaning aliens and I was leaning some advanced artillery.

Screenshot_20230116-145454_copy_1140x540.png

Setup is super easy. Takes 5 minutes when we take the RV out. We are going to setup shop in a few boondocking spots near Yellowstone/Tetons for a couple weeks this summer and use Starlink to work during the weekdays. I have no concerns about it working after our experience this summer.

We pay $125 a month but only cut it on when we use it. I probably wouldn't try to cut the line by going for RV instead of waiting for your spot on residential because they will probably throttle you down in a low capacity area. For the folks I know around here that use it, it's ben a game changer. Hope you get it soon.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
I have the equipment, but need recommendations on someone to install it on the roof in the Batesville area. I’m an old fart and getting on the roof is not an option.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The problem is the over subscription, very quickly there are too many users using a group of satellites and the through put goes to crap. Just a matter of time unfortunately

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014
I don't know if it is still true but I've heard that if you sign up for the mobile (RV) version the wait time is much less.

Anon1670240811

Dec 5, 2022
I'm in Scott County and have had the service about 6 months now. I get speeds ranging between 25 and 150 mbps, most of the time it runs between 75 and 100. Mine will drop out during a really hard rain but other than that it has worked well. I was on the waiting list about 16 months before receiving it. I bought one of the mesh routers to get a stronger signal to a tv located on the other end of the house from the modem. A friend down the road got tired of waiting and bought the RV version to use in his house. Last time I talked to him he said it was working about the same as mine, he didn't mention any problem with being throttled back. But compared to what we had before (3 mbps) this system is a huge improvement.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
The problem is the over subscription, very quickly there are too many users using a group of satellites and the through put goes to crap. Just a matter of time unfortunately
Yep. They accepted too many subscriptions in my area, including mine. They notified me that I could get their “best effort” service which is basically DSL speeds. I’m going to continue to wait for the residential service.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I got mine last summer after waiting about a year and a half. It has worked very well for me. Very low latency. I have nothing but good things to say about it....Once you finally receive it.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I have the equipment, but need recommendations on someone to install it on the roof in the Batesville area. I’m an old fart and getting on the roof is not an option.
I'm guessing TVI fiber doesn't, or at least hasn't made it to your area yet. I'm in the same shape as you about mounting on the roof. There aren't many trees around my house, so I have just have it on the ground until TVI Fiber is available in my area out in Yalobusha county.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login