State adds a juco pitcher from NW Florida State...

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Maybe the new Pitching Coach will do what the previous pitching coach didn't do.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
This Is The End Reaction GIF

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Here we come, Omaha! Get ready to refi them doublewides, gents!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Looks like we'll have to depend on the pitchers we already got.
I think this was always going to be the case, and I'm not really all that worried about it.

Same for 3B.

The only newcomer I really think will 100% help is Dylan Cupp. Outside Luke Holman and Braden Montgomery, I don't see much else out there that excites me.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
This kid is 97 mph as a FR. Give me that all day. We're past the lazy *** pitching coach we had. This kid will be a stud.

Reactions: onewoof

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So a D2 transfer and a JUCO w/ 5 starts, 17 appearances and only 36 innings. I will say after reading this article I am a little optimistic about the D2 guy but............

Nate Lamb Pitcher:

Oh No Smh GIF by The Voice

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Going to be a lot of you looking silly this time next year. Whether it's the over-exaggeration of the football offensive scheme shift, the fact that you think we don't have talent on the baseball team (that will be a year older and some coming back from injury), or you think Lemonis suddenly became a bad coach, I'll definitely be laughing and calling you out. I suspect, in your case, it'll be a 2013 Cohen deal, where you'll simply have to accept the reality that your multi-year long baseball opinion has been wrong.

The only real question is the true character and makeup of the team. The talent is there. I'm guessing it's a 2016 type season, where we are good, but if we truly have travel-ball-esque mercenaries like we did back then, then we will flame out at the end. But there are several high draft picks on our roster presently. Then the years after that it'll either fall apart or it won't, but the likelihood it happens after the 2024 season are low, just based on the odds.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This kid is 97 mph as a FR. Give me that all day. We're past the lazy *** pitching coach we had. This kid will be a stud.
Eric Cerantola was faster and could throw it through a brick wall, but, couldn't throw it through a doorway from 10' away. He is 3-6 career now w/ a 5.51 era

Edit: This is the new JUCO, "Over the course of 36 innings, Black allowed just 23 hits and struck out 43. The one concern was 24 walks."

More walks than hits given up and he was a catcher starting this season then became a pitcher.........sounds a little wild to me

Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Eric Cerantola was faster and could throw it through a brick wall, but, couldn't throw it through a doorway from 10' away. He is 3-6 career now w/ a 5.51 era
Did I say Cerantola was a stud? Nope
But he got drafted. So seems a number of people liked him. The two have nothing to do with one another.
I'm telling you now, this kid will be good. You can hit me later if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Maroon Pug

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Did I say Cerantola was a stud? Nope
But he got drafted. So seems a number of people liked him. The two have nothing to do with one another.
I'm telling you now, this kid will be good. You can hit me later if I'm wrong.
Can this guy throw it through a doorway, we don't know? The edit I just made says he had more walks than hits given up and wasn't even a pitcher to start the year, he was signed as a catcher! He may be all world but there's nothing to support that "he will be a stud" just because he can throw hard? Wonder why LSU passed on him?

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Alright Selmon, your *** is on the clock.
It would be laughable for an AD to get fired over a sucky baseball program.
NCAA Sports of importance.
1. Football
2. Distant second Mens Basketball

3. Very Distant 3rd- Womens Basketball

4. Just behind Womens Basketball. Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Golf, Softball, Volleyball, Swimming, Gymnastics, Track and Field.

5. The rest - Bowling, Bass Fishing, Equestrian. Water Polo

SEC Importance
1 Football- most important by far.
2 Large gap…Men’s Basketball
3 Baseball
4 Women’s Basketball, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball
5 Golf, Soccer, Gymnastics, Swimming
6 Everything else

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think that’s our problem. We keep recruiting analytics instead of baseball players. Ross Mitchell and Crazy Chicken probably don’t get an offer by this staff because they couldn’t hit 90. I’m sure Mark Grace and Tony Gwinn had bad exit velos back in their day but I’d take 9 of them over some guy with a 110 that strikes out once a game and has no concept of situational hitting.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It would be laughable for an AD to get fired over a sucky baseball program.
NCAA Sports of importance.
1. Football
2. Distant second Mens Basketball

3. Very Distant 3rd- Womens Basketball

4. Just behind Womens Basketball. Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Golf, Softball, Volleyball, Swimming, Gymnastics, Track and Field.

5. The rest - Bowling, Bass Fishing, Equestrian. Water Polo

SEC Importance
1 Football- most important by far.
2 Large gap…Men’s Basketball
3 Baseball
4 Women’s Basketball, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball
5 Golf, Soccer, Gymnastics, Swimming
6 Everything else
This is fine but we better be good in #1 or #2 to make up for it. I'll say this, if you promised me a 9 or 10 win season in football, and a basketball team that was SEC-title worthy, I'd say the hell with baseball for another year. I mean we got our natty, so we'll still be considered a natty-level program for 20 years or so. No matter what happens with Lemonis over the next two years, we'll right the ship at some point and be back.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The kid is a late bloomer. Went from catcher to closer to starter. Velocity jumped big time after he got to college. Maybe Parker can squeeze a little more improvement out of him. Pitching can only improve. Can't get any worse

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The kid is a late bloomer. Went from catcher to closer to starter. Velocity jumped big time after he got to college. Maybe Parker can squeeze a little more improvement out of him. Pitching can only improve. Can't get any worse
Sorry. We only have room for the top NIL guys on our team. Anything less needs not to try at all.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
He also pitched a no-hitter this past season.

5 innings I know but still.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
wasn't even a pitcher to start the year, he was signed as a catcher!
This gives me more hope than doubt. If he was a lifetime pitcher and still struggling with accuracy, he might be a difficult project to succeed with. If he is new in his pitching career, then a good pitching coach may do wonders with him.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

patdog

May 28, 2007
This gives me more hope than doubt. If he was a lifetime pitcher and still struggling with accuracy, he might be a difficult project to succeed with. If he is new in his pitching career, then a good pitching coach may do wonders with him.
Yeah, but how many years will it take?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Woo. Really on our way to rebuilding the pitching staff. We will be making post season in no time. **

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
This kid on the back end of Holman, Burns, Loftin/Lo/Holcombe. With Stone, Siary, Auger, Dohm, Loftin/Lo/Holcombe, etc in the pen would look strong to me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login