State men's basketball up to No. 2 in RPI

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Early but our schedule is set up to look good in this metric. No one we have played has lost to anyone else. We should be No.1 in the nation in SOS after we play Northwestern.

Already played 2 Pac 12 teams
We will get a Big 10 team tomorrow (Northwestern looking like they will advance)
We face an ACC and another Big 10 team later in the non-conference

We have two trash teams on our non-conference (Bethune and Southern U.) but that's better than six like we usually have. Nicholls already has a win over LSU and plays Baylor and Maryland. Plus, the Southland is several steps above the SWAC.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about basketball. The anticipation of how things are going to turn south is killing me. If it was baseball I’d know it’s going to be Tommy john, but there are so many possibilities in basketball, it’s exhilarating.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
We'll get Northwestern tomorrow rather than Rhode Island, which we wanted. It's a great opportunity to get a neutral site win over a team that finishes with a winning record in a good conference.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about basketball. The anticipation of how things are going to turn south is killing me. If it was baseball I’d know it’s going to be Tommy john, but there are so many possibilities in basketball, it’s exhilarating.
I feel the same. It's not a matter of if the Indian curse will strike. It's how and when. I expect that we've gotten a taste of it with losing Tolu for the non-conference portion of the season but our guys have really stepped up so far.

I expect that we will do something similar to 2004 when we won the SEC and got a great seed just to be bounced in the 2nd round.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
3 SWAC games last year put us in Dayton. I don’t care what the challenges are year to year, that was chickenshit scheduling. Whoever signed off on that should have had their pay docked. There are plenty of other southern conferences you can go to for gimme dubs without having to rely on the SWAC.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
This probably helped alot

1700352654666.png

Arizona state had a 98% chance of losing their game with 2 minutes to play. Outscored them something like 10-2 in that last little bit.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
We have depth.
We have an incredible defense.
We have an above average shooting team.

Its set up to be a great season. No. 18 in KenPom

We have depth.
We have an incredible defense.
We have an above average shooting team.

Its set up to be a great season. No. 18 in KenPom
All of the above is true except we still are not a good three-point shooting team. We are at 31.8% right now, which is better than last year but not average, it is a little below average.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Early but our schedule is set up to look good in this metric. No one we have played has lost to anyone else. We should be No.1 in the nation in SOS after we play Northwestern.

Already played 2 Pac 12 teams
We will get a Big 10 team tomorrow (Northwestern looking like they will advance)
We face an ACC and another Big 10 team later in the non-conference

We have two trash teams on our non-conference (Bethune and Southern U.) but that's better than six like we usually have. Nicholls already has a win over LSU and plays Baylor and Maryland. Plus, the Southland is several steps above the SWAC.

Oct 20, 2022
Our 3 point average is affected by a couple of post area players who insist on still shooting them. Really like our HC and the effort the team gives!

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Our 3 point average is affected by a couple of post area players who insist on still shooting them. Really like our HC and the effort the team gives!
Yep, remove Cam and DJ from the numbers and we’re 36% from 3.

21/25 from the line yesterday.

We are still working out some kinks and trying to figure out which lineups work that can take advantage of our depth. We are going to be very good when March comes around.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login