State/OM Open Date

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't know if the universities planned it or it was happenstance, but both teams having the same open date was great. Lots of local events likely got a boost. The fair was going on, Stafford Shurden put on a local festival in Drew (like other local happenings around the state) and I believe there was a concert at the Amphitheater. It would be nice it this becomes a more common occurrence int he future (although I doubt it will as the SEC becomes more involved in scheduling).

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Speaking of the off weekend, I had a direct flight from Phoenix to MEM on Sunday night. It was a smaller jet like an Embraer 170 (two seats on either side of the row) and I bet half the plane was OM students. I spoke with two of them waiting to board and they both live in Phoenix and came home for the weekend.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Speaking of MSU/OM football schedules...

We both have home games on the same weekend 6x this fall. This affects our attendance. The SEC needs to help both schools out in that regard in the future.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Speaking of the off weekend, I had a direct flight from Phoenix to MEM on Sunday night. It was a smaller jet like an Embraer 170 (two seats on either side of the row) and I bet half the plane was OM students. I spoke with two of them waiting to board and they both live in Phoenix and came home for the weekend.
And?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login