State playing Rutgers on 12/23 in New Jersey**

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Glad we’re beefing up the nonconference with a “name” team, but damn, I hate games like this. Just play them in their on campus arena so it gets the full road game treatment in the NET formula. We’re literally playing a neutral site game against Rutgers in Newark, NJ. This is the same damn problem we had last season with playing Drake in Omaha.

Reactions: dawgstudent

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Glad we’re beefing up the nonconference with a “name” team, but damn, I hate games like this. Just play them in their on campus arena so it gets the full road game treatment in the NET formula. We’re literally playing a neutral site game against Rutgers in Newark, NJ. This is the same damn problem we had last season with playing Drake in Omaha.
This might be Rutgers' equivalent of the Christmas time "neutral" game at the Mississippi Coliseum.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
What was wrong with our old jerseys?*
Joy Cow GIF

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We have an interesting non-con schedule. A lot of games against major conference teams away from the Hump, but nobody that would be considered a marquee opponent on paper.

Washington State
potentially Northwestern
Rutgers
@ Georgia Tech
Rumored to be playing Arizona State in Chicago

Here’s to hoping we also scheduled fewer NET bottom feeders this year. I have been saying for years that our metrics would be so much better if we just replaced SWAC and MEAC teams with Sun Belt and C-USA teams on our schedule.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Rutgers students are like, "Is that Ole Miss? Where is Mississippi, is it near Jersey?".
I once had a college graduate in NYC ask me what state was south of Mississippi. I got some laughter from others when I said "Gulf of Mexico".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login