State up to 40 in the NET

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Kentucky isn't the Kentucky of years gone by. We have the opportunity to exact some revenge for years gone by. It won't be easy but it will be more doable than in years past.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Kentucky isn't the Kentucky of years gone by. We have the opportunity to exact some revenge for years gone by. It won't be easy but it will be more doable than in years past.
While true, this won't change the fact that one of the college basketball gods' favorite past times is to bend us over and laugh any time we play UK. I'd love a win this week, and all things being equal, I think we're fully capable of a win. My problem is that I've seen this movie too many times, and all things won't be equal. Get ready for a complete officiating screwjob, some rando that's played 3 minutes all season to knock down nine 3s against us, or something nuts like Tolu getting thrown out of the game for looking at a ref the wrong way. All I can say is to prepare thyself

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
While true, this won't change the fact that one of the college basketball gods' favorite past times is to bend us over and laugh any time we play UK. I'd love a win this week, and all things being equal, I think we're fully capable of a win. My problem is that I've seen this movie too many times, and all things won't be equal. Get ready for a complete officiating screwjob, some rando that's played 3 minutes all season to knock down nine 3s against us, or something nuts like Tolu getting thrown out of the game for looking at a ref the wrong way. All I can say is to prepare thyself
This is the most Real-State-Fan comment I've read here so far this year.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

What else can one say but..."We ARE M-State?"********

@Maroon Eagle

TulsaLawDawg

Aug 24, 2012
We haven’t beaten Kentucky in the regular season since 2009. Haven’t beaten them in Starkville since 2008. The time is now. Let’s do this.
And let’s be honest, lots of teams with similar negative runs against them are getting W’s (e.g., Last time USCe beat them at Rupp was 14 years ago until a few weeks ago). Hell, since 2009 we haven’t won many games against anyone.

While we may not win, it won’t be bc we are State and they are UK. So I agree… treat them like everyone else and hope we make a few FTs.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
What else can one say but..."We ARE M-State?"********

@Maroon Eagle

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Two certainties regardless of the result...
- SPS will claim refs are against us.
- SPS will claim announcers are against us.

If we win, it will be claimed that it's due to the team overcoming the refs(or entire SEC) trying to help UK win.

Reactions: maroonmadman

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I get that, but I also think that roster might be close to quitting. When you’ve got your sights set on a National Title, it’s easy to throw in the towel when that starts to fade away. See 2022 MSU Baseball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login