State welding cap

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Had someone make me a welding cap. For licensing reasons I blacked out the name. Look at this beauty.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What kind of MIG welder do I need to buy? Need one to weld body panels and sheet metal repairs on old cars. I'm ready to try it 😬

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
As su

As surprising as it sounds, harbor freight has a solid 140 mig machine named Titaniun for 500 bucks.
I’ve looked at both the green and orange ones at HF. Have thought about replacing my 20 year old Lowe’s Lincoln 130.

Then I saw the combination stick/tig/plasma units. I’ve never ran a tig machine and the settings seem a little complicated to me.

Does any manufacturer make a stick/mig/ plasma unit? That would fit my needs better.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I’ve looked at both the green and orange ones at HF. Have thought about replacing my 20 year old Lowe’s Lincoln 130.

Then I saw the combination stick/tig/plasma units. I’ve never ran a tig machine and the settings seem a little complicated to me.

Does any manufacturer make a stick/mig/ plasma unit? That would fit my needs better.
I’ve not ran into anyone who incorporates plasma into a welding machine with all processes. I’m sure it exists, just not to my knowledge.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
That is awesome! I would love to give one of those to my Dad (blacksmith) who lives and owns a gallery ioutside of Oxford. I guess I will learn how to sew.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Had someone make me a welding cap. For licensing reasons I blacked out the name. Look at this beauty.
I think as long as the manufacturer payed the licensing fees up front for the material it doesn't matter what you make out of it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

What thickness are you wanting to cut with the plasma cutter? Unless you want to drop some serious coin the plasma cutter is only going to cut really thin metal.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
If the material was officially licensed you can make what ever you want our of it. Also call this guy if you need some welding done.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Anything Lincoln or Miller.
I’d add Hobart to that list also. I tried one of the Harbor Freight welders and while it welded fine the wire delivery speed surged and lagged. You couldn’t stack dimes with it but it was great for mud daubing. I took it back and bought the HoBart.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I think as long as the manufacturer payed the licensing fees up front for the material it doesn't matter what you make out of it.
If you aren't selling them, it doesn't matter at all. I make "MSU stuff" for myself and family all the time with my Cricut machine.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If you aren't selling them, it doesn't matter at all. I make "MSU stuff" for myself and family all the time with my Cricut machine.
It depends on whether license fees have been paid previously. Years ago I was involved with a guy making kids furniture, recliners, chairs, upholstered toy boxes type stuff. He was doing Disney, Looney Toons, Sponge Bob, and other crap that was popular at that time. In order to sell the furniture and buy the upholstery materials wholesale with those designs on it he needed to get the rights which was expensive and a massive amount of work. His work around was buying cases and cases of bed sheets and curtains which were already licensed and cutting them up for his upholstery fabric. Since the sheets and curtains manufacturer had already paid the licensing fees he wasn’t required to be licensed himself.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
What thickness are you wanting to cut with the plasma cutter? Unless you want to drop some serious coin the plasma cutter is only going to cut really thin metal.
Home projects. Re-did a grill a couple years ago and used 1/4 plate, but mostly deer stands with expanded metal and conduit.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login