Steve already trying to lay the groundwork

Oct 13, 2021
If you want to vomit, head over to Steve's Page and checkout the narrative he's being sold by John and the Athletic Department. John might "pass" on the Auburn offer and return!

It really is insane that the only Mississippi State premium site is just a propaganda outlet, but then again it always has been...

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
If Cohen has a path to return, we don't have any marbles.
I honestly never had a problem with Cohen being the AD aside from I didn't like losing our baseball coach that I believed was elevating the team. That being said, I can't see him being able to return to the AD position after this. I can't imagine him being in charge of fundraising for the university he was trying to leave. I'm not a big money guy, but I can't imagine taking him seriously if I were.

Reactions: GloryDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If you want to vomit, head over to Steve's Page and checkout the narrative he's being sold by John and the Athletic Department. John might "pass" on the Auburn offer and return!

It really is insane that the only Mississippi State premium site is just a propaganda outlet, but then again it always has been...
You pay for that site? Really? Seriously?

Reactions: GloryDawg

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
I honestly never had a problem with Cohen being the AD aside from I didn't like losing our baseball coach that I believed was elevating the team. That being said, I can't see him being able to return to the AD position after this. I can't imagine him being in charge of fundraising for the university he was trying to leave. I'm not a big money guy, but I can't imagine taking him seriously if I were.
We were already dead last in the SEC in fundraising. Cohen hates it and doesn’t really push for it

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

It's a game a lot of "journalists" play to keep access to inside info. Seems like it would be a bad tradeoff to shred your credibility so that you can report some inside info that people won't believe until they hear it from somewhere else, but it most be an ok tradeoff because it appears most "journalists" and not just in the sports world, think it's a good tradeoff.

Reactions: Dawgg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Hard to see Cohen remaining MSU’s AD regardless of Auburn’s decision.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
BTW - the hangup seems to be who will be making the future hires at Auburn: Boosters or John Cohen. Which is hilarious, because everyone knows it will be the boosters.

Cohen should have known that from the very first phone call.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Not to derail the topic that Cohen may return....

however it really bothers me that the 24/7 bunch is seemingly the first go to for MSU news. I will not state my personal opinion on their "journalist" but that message board is a cess pool and the "journalist" are in the middle of it.

I got excited before football and joined over there in august. I will not renew. I'll do the HailState plus deal if anything next purchase.

Last edited:

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Is he supposed to come to the Pack for all the inside news and sources? How else is he going to find things to report about?

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
BTW - the hangup seems to be who will be making the future hires at Auburn: Boosters or John Cohen. Which is hilarious, because everyone knows it will be the boosters.

Cohen should have known that from the very first phone call.
You're combining the forces of Auburn and John Cohen. Nothing was ever going to be smooth about this.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

however it really bothers me that the 24/7 bunch is seemingly the first go to for MSU news. I will not state my personal opinion on their "journalist" but that message board is a cess pool and the "journalist" are in the middle of it.

I got excited before football and joined over there in august. I will not renew. I'll do the HailState plus deal if anything next purchase.
Can you explain this a little more? I never joined because I didn't care for Jean, but since Rosey took over I considered it. Has it gotten worse?

I don't mind Rosey being the scoop guy, and it's fairly obvious Cohen and Rosey communicated a good bit. Probably why Rosey takes up for him so much.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

If you're Keenum, at some point TODAY you announce the formation of a blue ribbon search committee tasked to identify "... Mississippi State's next Athletic Director."

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Can you explain this a little more? I never joined because I didn't care for Jean, but since Rosey took over I considered it. Has it gotten worse?

I don't mind Rosey being the scoop guy, and it's fairly obvious Cohen and Rosey communicated a good bit. Probably why Rosey takes up for him so much.
From spending a week of so over there.... it seems to be about 10-12 guys over there that post and start every thread. The posters seem to have the mentality of 16 year olds.... if you don't agree with them...insults, name calling. They have even nicknamed themselves. Thread after thread about minor things around MSU and making mountains out of mole hills. Etc etc. which that can be ignored. But Then Robbie and Steve and Paul interact with them. Robbie more than the other two. Then Robbie brings some of it to Hadads podcast.
My .02 on it.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

We're already talking to AD candidates. Cohen isn't coming back. Steve is Cohen's buddy. He's going to try to paint a Rosie picture but even he knows Cohen is done here.

• Wow
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Don't think it's just the GP guys that get childish. They all do if you have a beef with their operation. I got in a little row about Chris Brooks standing in for Matt( I think Brooks sucks doing a show) and Matt, in his infinite wisdom, started calling me Poopert. I congratulated him on his creativity. I mean, c'mon.....are we 8 years old ? Anyway, Cohen has burned his bridge. I have nothing against him, but once you have run, that can't be undone. Heres a quarter

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Yeah, I gave up on that site a long time ago when the owner came out about what his views were. I will not support that.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
If you're Keenum, at some point TODAY you announce the formation of a blue ribbon search committee tasked to identify "... Mississippi State's next Athletic Director."
Make this intense bastard make a decision and announcement as soon as possible. I don't want us dealing with a guy who is dumb enough to leave for a place like Auburn for too much longer.

**** off John. You've lost my support even if you stay.

I love you all (except you John)

GOJ

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

It's not the only cesspool. There is another one that I tried a few years ago and it's pathetic. But yeah. Not giving him my money.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
He can't come back. At least not for very long. I might let him finish out the year and then "retire." But he can't be the AD going forward.
I serious do not think he can do that.

He will have lost a lot of support and fans will take that out on the programs. And that will be a mark against the President for allowing it.

Reactions: patdog
Dec 23, 2017
About as funny as Paul Pelosi being chased in his house by a "friend" wearing nothing but underwear holding a hammer with a hard-on.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
From spending a week of so over there.... it seems to be about 10-12 guys over there that post and start every thread. The posters seem to have the mentality of 16 year olds.... if you don't agree with them...insults, name calling. They have even nicknamed themselves. Thread after thread about minor things around MSU and making mountains out of mole hills. Etc etc. which that can be ignored. But Then Robbie and Steve and Paul interact with them. Robbie more than the other two. Then Robbie brings some of it to Hadads podcast.
My .02 on it.

Yeah, you are not the only one that has stated that. I get screen shots a lot from people that do pay. I mean people that have been there for longer than a decade and it's weird to see that place move from what it was way back then to now.

Nobody wants to say it out loud, but I don't care. They have allowed that place to become nothing more than a beat down by those you are talking about.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login