Steve Wiltfong prediction

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Steve Wiltfong just said that it looks like Jackson State is going to sign the number 1 recruit in the country, Travis Hunter. Deion isn’t messing around. If your a P5 program, how can you not look at hiring Deion if he is able to sign guys like this to Jackson State?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I imagine that there is a certain appeal to going to an HBCU and helping build up something that has never been with a guy like Deion. I don't know that it translates to just plugging Deion in anywhere and it getting the same results. Could be wrong.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I imagine that there is a certain appeal to going to an HBCU and helping build up something that has never been with a guy like Deion. I don't know that it translates to just plugging Deion in anywhere and it getting the same results. Could be wrong.
Agree. I'm curious what the end game is. Do they want to see SWAC teams fare better in the FCS? Or does he basically want to create his own league?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I think that’s a huge part of it, and while I’ve got nothing but respect for that decision, I think some kids are about to quickly figure out the difference in the P5 platform and a school like JSU. Coaching, training, facilities, and TV time are not comparable, and it has always been the biggest part of the package provided to them. Not scholarships or whatever else

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Hot rumor is that Barstool Sports was heavily involved in this.

Keyword there is rumor.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login