Still running more 12 than 10 personnel

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
5% vs 12%? Give it a rest. 12 is probably our primary short yardage set. Its also the kneel down set, for whatever that’s worth. But those numbers are so negligible that it doesn’t really matter what the reason….like someone said a while back we run way, way more 11 than anything else.

And by the way, if you look at actual results of what we’re doing out there in different sets and not just your convoluted view of what we should be doing based on the roster, you’ll see our SR and EPA / play are actually way better on 12 personnel plays than 10 personnel. So I really don’t know what you’re complaining about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8dog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
5% vs 12%? Give it a rest. 12 is probably our primary short yardage set. Its also the kneel down set, for whatever that’s worth. But those numbers are so negligible that it doesn’t really matter what the reason….like someone said a while back we run way, way more 11 than anything else.

And by the way, if you look at actual results of what we’re doing out there in different sets and not just your convoluted view of what we should be doing based on the roster, you’ll see our SR and EPA / play are actually way better on 12 personnel plays than 10 personnel. So I really don’t know what you’re complaining about.
It's the 5% vs. 77% that's the problem. Our 4th WR is better than any TE on the roster.

So are our RBs. One thing we aren't doing, whether it's Barbay or Arnett, is adapting to the talent on the roster.

But this only matters when Rogers is available. With Mike Wright, we kinda have to have a TE. Or at least somebody else blocking, even if it's like Harmon or somebody.

Reactions: onewoof

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Oh BS! That's right at 45 plays or 7.5 plays per game we spend in 12 personnel without the TEs to run it.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It's the 5% vs. 77% that's the problem. Our 4th WR is better than any TE on the roster.

So are our RBs. One thing we aren't doing, whether it's Barbay or Arnett, is adapting to the talent on the roster.

But this only matters when Rogers is available. With Mike Wright, we kinda have to have a TE. Or at least somebody else blocking, even if it's like Harmon or somebody.
Yep!

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

Yeah I think 12 is just short yardage. And as I noted the first four series against LSU were primarily 10. I can’t blame anyone for moving away from it after that. Also the first half against WMU was no 12 outside of short yardage. So this is all a bunch of nothing.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Oh BS! That's right at 45 plays or 7.5 plays per game we spend in 12 personnel without the TEs to run it.
I don’t care how many plays per game it is. How about addressing the 2nd paragraph, my guy. We literally have negative EPA / play in 10 personnel. That’s the only one of the 4 personnel groupings (10, 11, 12, 21) where that is the case. It is literally and objectively our WORST offensive set…..yet you think we should be running it all the time.

Maybe make sure you’re not hanging yourself with your own data next time.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Passing vs MoFo…. 24%… That seems awfully low.. Sure seems like every pass and run attempt is against some bigger and faster MoFo’s than us. What’s even worse is those MoFo’s passing against our D all look like Heisman candidates in our games. Who’s the real MoFo’s out there? How many yards will Arkie’s Mississippi MoFo pass for against us? That’s the real question…And is our offense capable of keeping up? MoFo or no MoFo…

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Still? Did you expect this to change after beating off?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login